As part of Mental Health Awareness Week, Amy Spencer and Dr Greg Clarke, who work with Premier League players in their role as club psychologists at Southampton, answered questions on Twitter as part of a series of Q&A sessions with industry experts.
And the duo, who are experts in mindfulness, share their top tips in maximising the benefits of this technique:
- Learning to be mindful is a new skill and therefore requires lots of practice and dedication.
- Allow yourself time each day to practise and stick with it, no matter how hard it is you are learning a new way of seeing things.
- Do it with kindness and compassion.
- Don't judge yourself as "not being able".
- Do notice any judgments you make about yourself and keep going anyway.
- Start small. Even if it is three minutes a day of a breathing practice, this can allow a routine to be built and developed.
It shares tips and guidance from experts, the clubs and players as well as from the NHS and national organisations working in these areas to help supporters stay strong and positive.
And the hub will continue to develop, offering fans expert guidance in other areas to help maintain their health in these challenging times.
See: #StayWell hub