If you failed to register a Fantasy Premier League team ahead of the Gameweek 1 deadline, all is not lost. In fact, you could now have a distinct advantage over your FPL mini-league rivals.
While fellow managers will have second-guessed Premier League managers’ opening day line-ups, hoping to identify that budget breakthrough defender or the stellar summer signing who hits the ground running, you can register a squad now and enjoy the following benefits:
- Unlimited free transfers before the Gameweek 2 deadline of 11:00 BST Saturday 19 September. So while your peers will be using their free transfers, taking points hits or even using their Wildcard(!), you’ll have a fresh-looking team with all your chips intact.
- Build your squad using the £100m budget with players who a) are confirmed starters in Premier League matches, b) score the most FPL points in Gameweek 1, and c) receive the bonus points.
- If you opt to fill your squad exclusively with the highest FPL points-scorers from the Gameweek 1 matches, it’s likely you’ll benefit from price rises before the Gameweek 2 deadline. With a little bit more money in the bank, that extra £0.5m could prove invaluable.
- Manchester City and Manchester United begin their seasons in Gameweek 2 so if you wanted a midfield of Kevin De Bruyne, Bruno Fernandes, Raheem Sterling and Marcus Rashford, now’s your chance.
- Establish if there are players who are playing out of position, e.g. a defender playing in a more advanced attacking-midfield position. Consider signing them up for increased points potential at both ends of the pitch.
- You can still join all the mini-leagues that started scoring points in Gameweek 1. You’ll quickly make up lost ground – the average GW1 score was 50 points. You can also invite friends and colleagues to join a league that starts scoring in Gameweek 2. A win-win situation!
So, register your team now and start tinkering with your squad.
Register your team now at fantasy.premierleague.com before the GW2 deadline of 11:00 BST 19 September.