Premier League Primary Stars
For free classroom resources, please visit plprimarystars.com
Premier League Primary Stars is the Premier League’s primary school education programme. It uses the appeal of football to inspire children aged five to 11 to be active and develop essential skills.
More than 100 Club Community Organisations across England and Wales deliver Premier League Primary Stars, supporting pupils in the classroom, the playground and on the sports field.
Thanks to funding from the Premier League and the PLCF’s partners, Premier League Primary Stars has now been delivered in more than 18,700 (84%) schools across England and Wales.
In 2022, the programme celebrated its fifth anniversary.
Premier League Primary Stars supports teachers in building their pupils' confidence in key areas, including PSHE, Physical Education, Maths and English. Resources are created in collaboration with subject experts such as the National Literacy Trust.
It is also available as a free series of more than 650 curriculum-linked downloadable resources developed by teachers for teachers, for every primary school in England and Wales.
Teachers across England and Wales can download free Premier League Primary Stars from plprimarystars.com.
Premier League Primary Stars Objectives
Through Premier League Primary Stars, the Premier League and professional football clubs will:
- enable children to take part in and enjoy more football, sport and physical activity
- support teachers with the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver PE and sport
- help children gain the skills they need to reach their goals
- increase children’s interest, understanding and confidence in English and Maths
- 103 clubs across the Premier League, EFL and National League funded to deliver education activity in primary schools
- 3 million sessions and events delivered, since programme launch
- 18,700+ schools engaged (84 per cent of all primary schools in England and Wales)
- 1,000+ schools participate in annual Premier League Primary Stars national football competitions
- Over 18 million attendances by primary school pupils at club-led sessions since 2017
- 650+ free resources available covering PE, PSHE, Maths and English with 61,000+ teachers having engaged with these resources
- Total Premier League investment over £62 million