The first round of the FPL Cup will be Gameweek 17 of the 2018/19 season.
The top 4,194,304 scorers in Gameweek 16 entered the first round.
If there were more than 4,194,304 qualifiers, there was a random draw among the lowest scorers to see who qualified.
Each qualifying team is randomly drawn against another in the first round.
The winner is the team with the highest Gameweek score minus any transfer points
If a cup match is drawn, the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:
- Most goals by the teams' players scored in the Gameweek
- Fewest goals conceded by the teams; players in the Gameweek
- Virtual coin toss
That winning team will progress to the second round and another random draw.
This process continues until the final Gameweek when the two remaining teams contest the cup final.
- VIP hospitality at one 2019/20 Premier League match, including travel and two nights’ accommodation including travel and two nights’ accommodation
- Copy of FIFA 19 and a games console
- Tablet computer
- Bluetooth speaker
- Nike manager jacket
- FPL goody bag consisting of a rucksack, T-shirt, mug, water bottle, stress ball, pen, pad and key ring