The 2017/18 Fantasy Premier League champion came all the way back from sixth place on a dramatic final day to stun the top five and claim the crown ahead of a record 5.9million managers.
But as the action unfolded on Sunday, Yusuf gradually closed in.
Chip on Salah
A big factor for Yusuf was Mohamed Salah, whom he Triple-Captained. None of the other candidates vying to be the FPL champion had a chip left to play.
Salah scored 33 of Yusuf’s 93 points in Gameweek 38, although six other managers in the top 10 also captained Salah to collect 22.
None of the top 10 had the pair in their line-up and both players made vital contributions to Yusuf's team.
Then a quick-fire assist from Salah on 53 minutes at Anfield and Fabianski's penalty save for Swansea City a minute later from Xherdan Shaqiri at the Liberty Stadium put Yusuf in contention for top spot.
At that point, the top four managers were separated by just a single point.
Bonus points and Yusuf's bench then came into play.
In the end, eight points proved to be the gap to second as Yusuf completed his remarkable rise to the top.
As the 2017/18 Fantasy Premier League champion, Yusuf will win the following prizes:
- VIP hospitality at two Premier League 2018/19 matches, including travel and two nights’ accommodation
- A week’s worth of experiences in the UK courtesy of Visit Britain, including travel and seven nights’ accommodation
- A TAG Heuer Connected watch
- A copy of FIFA and a games console
- A Nike manager jacket
- An FPL goody bag consisting of a rucksack, T-shirt, mug, water bottle, stress ball, pen, pad and key ring