1. COMPETITION: The #MyPLWish campaign is an online competition (the “Competition”), run via premierleague.com/myplwish and shared on the PL’s and the National Broadcasting Company’s social media platforms and sponsored by the Football Association Premier League Limited, company number 02719699, of Brunel Building, 57 North Wharf Road, London, W2 1HQ (“PL”). Gilt Edge Soccer Marketing LLC (“Administrator”) will administer the Competition (as defined below).
2. COMPETITION PERIOD. The Competition begins at 00:01 EST on 23 October 2021 and ends at 23:59 EST on 23 May 2022 (the “Competition”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Competition is open to residents of the United States of America, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa and Guam (“Entrant”). Employees of the PL and the Administrator and each of their respective subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate or win the Competition. The Competition and Entrants are subject to all applicable local laws. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
4. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Competition, an Entrant must complete and submit the #MyPLWish form at premierleague.tell-us-what-you-think.com/s3/myplwish (each an “Entry”).
5. An Entry can be submitted at any time during the Competition Entrants are permitted to submit multiple Entries to the Competition but a maximum of one (1) Entry per Entrant may be selected as a Winner (as defined below) by the PL and the Administrator at their sole discretion. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the Entry process are void. Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries will not constitute a valid Entry.
6. The PL and the Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any Entry which is, or a portion of it is, inappropriate, promotional, obscene, profane, lewd, derogatory, defamatory or violates any proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, sexual in nature, or is otherwise objectionable, as determined in the PL’s or the Administrator’s sole discretion. Entries must be in keeping with the PL’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by the PL or the Administrator in its sole discretion.
7. DRAWING THE WINNERS. There will be an opportunity for a minimum of ten (10) Entrants to be selected as a winner of the Competition. The Administrator will select winners from all eligible Entries based on which Entrant submits the best wish during the Competition Period at the sole discretion of the PL and the Administrator (each a “Winner”). This decision will be based on, but not limited to, the following criteria: (i) creativity of the wish; (ii) the connection that the wish has with the PL and its Clubs; (iii) uniqueness of the wish; and (iv) desire and need of the Entrant. The decision will be conducted by the Administrator at any time during the Competition Period following receipt of an Entry, and each Winner will be informed within forty-eight (48) hours of the Administrator deciding that they are a Winner. The Administrator’s decision is final on all matters relating to the selection of the Winners. The odds of winning the Competition will depend on the number of eligible Entries received throughout the Competition Period.
8. THE PRIZE. To the extent that it is reasonably practicable and possible, as determined solely by the PL and the Administrator, each Winner will have the wish set out in their Entry granted by the PL (“Prize”).
9. The exact nature and specification of any of the Prize shall be at the sole discretion of the PL and the Administrator. The PL and the Administrator shall not be obliged to accommodate any requests made by a Winner in relation to the Prize. The PL shall, as far as reasonably practicable, take steps to ensure that the Prize replicates the wish as set out in the Winner’s Entry.
10. The Prize is subject to availability and eligibility and the PL reserves the right to later amend, substitute or withdraw any element. If a Winner is not able to demonstrate their compliance with the eligibility requirements set out herein, or is disqualified for any other reason whatsoever at the sole discretion of the PL or the Administrator, the PL and the Administrator, at their sole discretion, reserve the right to withdraw the Prize or any element of it, and the Administrator reserves the right to select a new Winner in accordance with these terms and conditions. The Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable, and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstance.
11. WINNER NOTIFICATION.
The Winner will be notified via email within forty-eight (48) hours of the Administrator selecting their Entry as a Winner. The Administrator shall make a maximum of two (2) attempts to contact a Winner within forty-eight (48) hours of first notifying the Winner and reserves the right to contact the Winner via their social media accounts, if the Winner has provided the PL and/or Administrator with such information in their Entry. Each Winner will be required to respond to the direct message within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt of the initial notification by the Administrator. If a Winner fails to respond within this time, their Winner status may be forfeited, and the Administrator reserves the right to select a new Winner in accordance with these terms and conditions. The Winner is subject to verification by the PL and/or Administrator, and the PL and/or Administrator may request any reasonable documentation or proof of eligibility, including a valid residential address in the United States of America, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa and Guam.
12. Parent/guardian permission is required for any Winner under the age of eighteen (18) to receive the Prize. Any Winner under the age of eighteen (18) who does not provide their parent/guardian’s contact details when requested to do so by the PL and/or Administrator, or for whom permission is not granted by their parent/guardian, shall forfeit their winner status and the Administrator reserves the right to select a new Winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
13. If any aspect of the Prize, is affected, amended, cancelled or postponed due to circumstances beyond PL’s control, including but not limited to, travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts and advice of Governments, acts of war, epidemic, pandemic, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, national catastrophes, advice against any travel by any Government or official authority for any reason (including by way of example only and without limitation by reason of any actual or potential terrorist threat) and/or the World Health Organisation or any internationally recognised medical authority for any reason or an event of force majeure, the PL and its agencies will not be responsible and the Prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. Any and all state and/or local income and other taxes on the Prize is the Winner’s sole responsibility.
15. By submitting an Entry, a Winner grants to the PL a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute any element of their Entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented, including any accompanying photographs of the Winner with the Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the PL may make use of a Winner’s entry, their proper name and country of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with the Competition, without payment or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
16. The PL shall not be liable or responsible for errors in the administration or fulfilment of the Competition, including without limitation mechanical, technical human, printing, distribution or production errors. The PL and Administrator shall be ultimately responsible for determining eligibility, in its sole discretion.
17. All Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Competition or use or redemption of prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the PL cannot accept any liability to any Entrant for any of the following types of loss which an Entrant may suffer as a result of their Entry:
a. loss which was not foreseeable to an Entrant and the PL when the Entrant first entered any of the Competition (even if that loss results from the PL’s failure to comply with these terms and conditions or its negligence);
b. any business loss an Entrant may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits, or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of the PL’s default); or
c. loss which an Entrant suffers other than as a result of the PL’s failure to comply with these terms and conditions (or any typographical or other error contained herein) and the PL’s negligence or breach of statutory duty.
18. Nothing in these terms will limit the PL’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or if the PL deliberately lied to Entrants before an Entry was submitted.
19. In the event of any breach by an Entrant of these terms and conditions, the PL reserves the right to:
a. refuse entry into the Competition; or
b. disqualify an Entry and Entrants from the Competition.
20. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
21. ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS. Confirmation of the Winners will be shared on the @PLinUSA Twitter account and the PL’s website in due course once the Winner has formally accepted the Prize. Any request for further information should be made by via the Entrant’s account. Parent/guardian consent is required prior to any such announcement relating to a Winner under the age of eighteen (18).