Pitch size: 105m x 68m
Stadium address: Ewood Park, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 4JF
Phone: 0871 222 1444
Ewood Park opened in 1882 as a multi-sports ground. Blackburn Rovers first only occasionally used the ground, but started using it regularly from 1890.
Ewood Park developed quickly in the early 20th century when new stands were built and the capacity of the stadium quickly rose. It recorded its highest capacity on the 2nd of March 1929 when 62,522 visitors saw Blackburn play Bolton in an FA Cup match.
Few changes were made in the following decades, apart from the installation of floodlights and cover for the Blackburn End terrace.
In 1984, the Nuttal Street Stand got rebuilt after it had burned down in a fire. A few years later the wooden Riverside Stand got demolished and replaced by a new single-tiered stand.