Andre Schurrle scored after 25 passes by his Chelsea team-mates
After the excitement of Matchweek 1 of the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League, it is time to sit back and soak in some statistics from the 10 fixtures.
Monday 18 August
Burnley 1-3 Chelsea | #BURCHE | More on Live Match Centre >>
- Chelsea are unbeaten since 1998/99 in their opening Barclays Premier League match of the season, winning 14 of 16.
- The Blues have kept only two clean sheets in their last eight Barclays Premier League away matches.
- Cesc Fabregas has assisted at least one goal in each of his last three appearances in the Barclays Premier League (assisted two v Burnley).
- Andre Schurrle's goal contained a build-up of 25 passes, longer than any goal scored in the Barclays Premier League last season.
- Branislav Ivanovic has 17 Barclays Premier League goals, as many as Dan Petrescu and Frank Leboeuf managed for Chelsea.
- Chelsea only scored 3+ first-half goals once in the Barclays Premier League last season (in the home match v Arsenal, which was 4-0 at half-time).It was the first time they have scored 3+ goals before half-time in a Barclays Premier League away match since October 2011 (4-0 up v Bolton Wanderers).
- All Chelsea's four shots on target in the first half resulted in goals.
Eight of Chelsea’s 11 shots vs Burnley came in the opening 36 minutes.
Sunday 17 August fixtures
Liverpool 2-1 Southampton | #LIVSOU | More on Live Match Centre >>
- Liverpool have found the back of the net in 28 of their last 29 Barclays Premier League matches.
- Raheem Sterling has scored in both of his last two games against Southampton.
- Since the start of last season, Daniel Sturridge’s goals have earned Liverpool 22 points in the Barclays Premier League.
- At the final whistle at Anfield, Southampton were the only Barclays Premier League away side this weekend not to take the lead in a game.
- Southampton have won just one of their last eight opening games in the Barclays Premier League.
- The Reds have won their last two opening games in the Premier League after failing to register a victory in the previous four.
Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester City | #NEWMCI | More on Live Match Centre >>
- Manchester City have scored in each of their last 14 Barclays Premier League matches.
- Newcastle United have only kept one clean sheet in their last nine Barclays Premier League matches.
- No defending Barclays Premier League champions have lost their opening match of the following season (W20 D3).
- Newcastle have failed to score in their last four Barclays Premier League clashes with Manchester City.
- City have won five and lost none of their last six opening-weekend league fixtures, keeping five clean sheets in the process.
Saturday 16 August fixtures
Manchester Utd 1-2 Swansea City | #MUNSWA | More on Live Match Centre >>
- It is the first time Manchester United have lost on the opening weekend at Old Trafford in the Barclays Premier League (W8 D3).
- It is the first time in the league Swansea have won away at Old Trafford (D2 L9).
- Ki’s goal had more passes in the build-up than any Barclays Premier League goal last season (29, most last season was also Swansea, Bony v Arsenal, 24).
- United have lost 10 of their last 24 Premier League home matches (W11 D3).
- Wayne Rooney scored his 174th Barclays Premier League goal, going one behind Thierry Henry, who is the third top-scoring player in Barclays Premier League history. He has scored as many Barclays Premier League goals for Man Utd as Cantona, Beckham and Roy Keane combined.
- Wayne Routledge has assisted 13 Barclays Premier League goals for Swansea, the joint-most along with Pablo Hernandez.
- Seven of Gylfi Sigurdsson's eight BPL goals for Swansea have come away from home.
- On three occasions the team to win the Premier League title has lost their first game - all three were Manchester United.
Leicester City 2-2 Everton | #LEIEVE | More on Live Match Centre >>
- Leonardo Ulloa has scored on the opening day of the last two campaigns (scored for Brighton v Leeds last season). He is only the fifth player with a name beginning with “U” to score in the Barclays Premier League (Ullathorne, Utaka, Upson, Unsworth).
- There were only 100 seconds between McGeady and Ulloa’s goals.
- Everton have conceded at least twice in three of their last four Barclays Premier League games.
- Leicester have won none of their last six fixtures on the opening weekend of the Barclays Premier League (D4 L2).
- Not since the opening game of the 2009/10 Barclays Premier League season has Roberto Martinez enjoyed a victory on the first weekend, drawing three and losing two since then with Everton & Wigan.
- Everton are unbeaten in their last 10 Barclays Premier League clashes with the Foxes, although they have won just two of those games (D8).
- Twelve of the 17 BPL clashes between these sides have ended level, giving it the highest draw percentage of any Barclays Premier League fixture (10+ games, 71%).
Queens Park Rangers 0-1 Hull City | #QPRHUL | More on Live Match Centre >>
- Queens Park Rangers conceded a joint-Championship-high 11 goals from corners last season. James Chester’s winner today was also from a corner situation.
- Queens Park Rangers have taken just one point from seven opening weekend matches in the Barclays Premier League (D1 L6).
- QPR have won just four of their last 40 Premier League matches.
- Four of Hull City’s nine Barclays Premier League away wins have come in London.
- Joey Barton created six chances today, twice as many as any other BPL player.
Stoke City 0-1 Aston Villa | #STKAVL | More on Live Match Centre >>
- Andreas Weimann scored his first away league goal since January (v Liverpool at Anfield).
- Stoke City have conceded exactly once in each of their last five Barclays Premier League matches.
- They have managed three clean sheets in their last 23 league outings.
- Stoke have won just one of their seven Barclays Premier League openers (D2 L4).
- Aston Villa ended a run of nine away league matches without a win (D2 L7) after ending last term with six consecutive away defeats.
West Bromwich Albion 2-2 Sunderland | #WBASUN | More on Live Match Centre >>
- Gus Poyet became the fourth different manager Sunderland have had on the opening weekend in the last four seasons and the fifth in the last seven.
- Sunderland scored on the opening day for the first time since 2011/12.
- The Baggies have found the net in 11 of their last 12 home league matches.
- Saido Berahino scored the same number of goals today as he had in his last 18 Barclays Premier League appearances (two).
- Sunderland have scored more than once in three of their last four Premier League away matches, and have scored at least once in their last six.
- West Bromwich Albion’s last five opening-day fixtures have produced 17 goals.
- Sunderland scored with both of their shots on target today.
West Ham United 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur | #WHUTOT | More on Live Match Centre >>
- This was Sam Allardyce’s 400th Barclays Premier League game as a manager.
- Mark Noble had scored his last 10 Barclays Premier League penalties before his miss against Spurs. His last two penalty misses have both been in London derbies (v Chelsea and Spurs).
- After 35 Barclays Premier League meetings without being shown a red card against West Ham, Spurs have received two in the last two clashes (Younes Kaboul in May 2013 and Kyle Naughton in this match).
- There was only one match in the top flight in 2013/14 in which both sides were reduced to 10 men (Norwich City v Newcastle United in January).
- West Ham had 18 attempts at goal in this game, of which four were on target.
- Spurs have won four of their last five Barclays Premier League games.
Arsenal 2-1 Crystal Palace | #ARSCRY | More on Live Match Centre >>
- Arsenal have won their opening Barclays Premier League match for the first time since winning 6-1 at Everton in 2009.
- Palace only received two red cards in the whole of 2013/14, one more than they have so far in 2014/15.
- Palace conceded two goals from set-pieces in this game. They only let in one (excluding penalties) last season under Tony Pulis, after the Welshman took over last November.
- Arsenal have now won 100 Barclays Premier League matches at Emirates Stadium.
- Laurent Koscielny has one goal and two red cards in opening-day matches for Arsenal.
- Aaron Ramsey (106) and Mikel Arteta (105) each made over 100 passes in this game, more than anyone in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday.
- After going three entire Barclays Premier League seasons ( and 97 matches) without a goal, Brede Hangeland scored on his debut for Crystal Palace.