Man Utd's Michael Carrick has made more interceptions than any top-flight player this term
Ahead of the sixth Matchweek of the Barclays Premier League season, here are some statistics on past encounters between the sides scheduled to play and their form.
In addition to these stats, more can be found on our Matchday Live service where you can also watch the manager press conferences and catch all the latest team news.
After kick-off you can follow live in-running commentary, check out live photos from all the grounds and get the latest in-match stats. At the final whistle we provide match reports while there are also post-match reactions and manager press conferences. To see more, click on the Matchday Live links below.
Saturday 28 September
Kick-offs 3pm unless stated.
12.45pm Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur | #CHETOT | Matchday Live >>
- Tottenham Hotspur have won only three of their 42 Barclays Premier League matches against Chelsea.
- Chelsea have not failed to score in three successive Premier League away fixtures since April 2002.
- The last three competitive meetings between Spurs and Chelsea have produced a total of 16 goals in total (an average of 5.3 per match).
- Five of Tottenham Hotspur's last six Barclays Premier League matches have ended 1-0 (W4 L1).
- No team in Europe's top five leagues have conceded fewer goals than Spurs this season (1).
- Spurs have fashioned more goal attempts from open play (60) than any other team this season but have scored only three of them.
- None of Chelsea's strikers have scored a Barclays Premier League goal yet this season.
Aston Villa v Manchester City | #AVLMCI | Matchday Live >>
- Aston Villa have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 13 Barclays Premier League home matches.
- Manchester City have won six of their last seven Barclays Premier League encounters with Aston Villa.
- The last four Barclays Premier League meetings between Aston Villa and Manchester City at Villa Park have seen a total of five goals scored.
- Brad Guzan has had the most touches of any Villa player in two games this season (Arsenal & Norwich), something no other goalkeeper has done for a side even once in 2013-14.
- After replacing Christian Benteke against Norwich last week, Libor Kozak was on the field for one minute and 41 seconds before scoring his first ever Barclays Premier League goal - the fastest goal by a substitute this season.
- Along with bottom club Sunderland, Aston Villa are the only team yet to win a single point at home this season.
Fulham v Cardiff City | #FULCAR | Matchday Live >>
- Fulham have taken only one point from their last six Barclays Premier League home matches (L5 D1).
- No team has won more points from losing positions than Cardiff (4) this season in the Barclays Premier League.
- The last league meeting between Fulham and Cardiff came in the fourth tier in 1996-97.
- Fulham have allowed their opponents to attempt 100 shots (including blocked shots) so far this season; a Barclays Premier League high.
- Only one away team has failed to score (Stoke City in February 2013) in the last 17 Barclays Premier League encounters at Craven Cottage.
- Fulham have lost each of their last five home league matches; their longest such run in the Barclays Premier League.
- This is Fulham's worst ever run of results at home in the Premier League (over a six-match period).
Hull City v West Ham United | #HULWHU | Matchday Live >>
- Only Arsenal and Manchester City have been more clinical in front of goal than Hull (15.6% conversion rate) this season.
- The last time West Ham scored more than six goals in a league match was in October 1990 when they thrashed Hull City 7-1.
- West Ham are the only team yet to concede a goal in the opening hour of matches this season.
- It is almost a year (1 October, 2012) since West Ham scored more than once in a top-flight away game.
- Both teams were promoted last season from the Championship despite not boasting a single player to reach double figures for goals scored.
- Hull's last five Premier League home matches have all seen fewer than three goals scored.
- Three of West Ham's last six Premier League away fixtures have ended 0-0.
Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion | #MUNWBA | Matchday Live >>
- Manchester United have conceded 11 goals in their last six Barclays Premier League matches, one more than they had in their previous 18 games.
- Three of West Brom's four goals this season have come in the closing 15 minutes of Barclays Premier League games.
- These sides shared a Barclays Premier League record 5-5 draw on the final day of the 2012-13 season.
- Only in two previous Barclays Premier League seasons have Man United won only two of their opening six matches (2002-03 and 2004-05).
- Six of United's 13 Premier League titles have seen them win only two of their opening five matches.
- Wayne Rooney has scored two of the four longest range goals in the Barclays Premier League this season.
- Michael Carrick has made 26 interceptions this season, eight more than any other top-flight player.
Southampton v Crystal Palace | #SOUCRY | Matchday Live >>
- All three of Southampton's Barclays Premier League goals this season have come from set-pieces; they are the only side yet to net in open play this term.
- Crystal Palace have now gone three hours without a Barclays Premier League goal.
- There have only been five goals in Southampton's Premier League matches this season, fewer than any other side.
- No player in the Premier League this season has had more shots at goal (excl. blocked) than Rickie Lambert (15).
- Saints have allowed fewer shots on target from open play than any other side (8).
- Only Tottenham Hotspur (6.3%) have a lower shot conversion rate than Southampton (6.5%) this season.
- Each of Southampton's goals has been worth 2.67 points this season, more than any other club. Palace's are worth a second lowest figure of 0.75.
5.30pm Swansea City v Arsenal | #SWAARS | Matchday Live >>
- Swansea have scored the two fastest Barclays Premier League goals in 2013-14 so far (Michu v Crystal Palace 1:20 and Jonjo Shelvey v Liverpool 1:27).
- Arsenal are the only team to score in all five of their Barclays Premier League matches this season.
- Seven of the nine goals scored in the four games between Swansea and Arsenal last season came in the final 10 minutes of matches.
- Midfield ace Mesut Ozil has assisted more Barclays Premier League goals than any other player this season (3).
- Arsenal have the best shot conversion rate (20.4%) and shooting accuracy (61.1%) in the Premier League this season.
- Arsenal will equal their best run of Premier League away wins if they win this match (eight).
- All 11 of Arsenal's Premier League goals this season have come from inside the penalty area.
Sunday 29 September
1.30pm Stoke City v Norwich City | #STKNOR | Matchday Live >>
- No team has hit the woodwork more often than Stoke this season (four times) in the Barclays Premier League.
- Norwich have gone 202 minutes without scoring; the longest current run in the Barclays Premier League.
- Each of the past five games between Stoke and Norwich have seen fewer than three goals scored.
- Stoke have the best long-ball accuracy in the Premier League this season (41%).
- Despite their poor form, Norwich have one more point (4) than they did at this stage last season (3) in the Premier League.
- Stoke have gained seven points from four goals this season (1.75 pts per goal), only three teams have managed a better return.
4pm Sunderland v Liverpool | #SUNLIV | Matchday Live >>
- Seven of Liverpool's last nine Barclays Premier League goals have been scored by Daniel Sturridge.
- Sunderland have won only three of their 24 Barclays Premier League fixtures against Liverpool but all three victories have come at the Stadium of Light.
- Sunderland have not kept a clean sheet in their last nine Premier League matches.
- The Reds are unbeaten in six Premier League games away from Anfield (W4 D2), last losing on the road in March to Southampton.
- Liverpool are the only team yet to score in the second half in the Premier League this season.
- Livepool's Simon Mignolet has made more saves than any other goalkeeper this season (25). The former Sunderland glovesman has a saves-to-shots ratio of 89% - the second best rate of regular goalkeepers this season.
Monday 30 September
8pm Everton v Newcastle United | #EVENEW | Matchday Live >>
- Gareth Barry could become the 10th player to make 500 Barclays Premier League appearances in this game.
- Newcastle have conceded more headed goals than any other team this season (3) in the Barclays Premier League.
- Last weekend Leighton Baines became only the fifth player since 2006-07 to score two direct free-kicks in a Premier League match (after Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba and Sebastian Larsson).
- Baines has now scored 21 Premier League goals. Since he made his top-flight debut on 14 August 2005, only one defender (John Terry - 22) has scored more.
- Everton have averaged the highest possession figure in the Premier League this season (59.4%).
- Romelu Lukaku has scored four goals in his last four Premier League appearances.
- Only once in the Premier League era have Everton been unbeaten after six games (2006-07, W3 D3). The occasion before that was their last top-flight title-winning season (1986-87, also W3 D3).