John Obi Mikel wheels away after scoring his first Chelsea goal against Fulham
After Sunday's fixtures in the fifth Matchweek of the Barclays Premier League season, here are some unusual statistics thrown up by the matches.
In addition to these stats, more can be found on our Matchday Live service where you can also watch the manager press conferences and catch all the best action shots.
Saturday 21 September
Norwich City 0-1 Aston Villa | #NORAVL | Matchday Live >>
- Aston Villa have conceded nine penalties since the start of last season; a joint-high in the Barclays Premier League with Arsenal.
- After replacing Christian Benteke, Libor Kozak was on the field for one minute and 41 seconds before scoring his first Barclays Premier League goal.
- Kozak’s goal was the quickest scored by a substitute in the PL since 4 May 2013, when James McArthur scored for Wigan Athletic 56 seconds after coming off the bench.
- Norwich City have won just one of the last 12 meetings in all competitions with Aston Villa (W1 D5 L6).
- Aston Villa ended a run of 26 Barclays Premier League games without a clean sheet today.
- Norwich have lost just two of their last 12 Barclays Premier League home games (W4 D6), however, both of those defeats have come against Aston Villa.
- Aston Villa have won five of their last eight Barclays Premier League away games (L2 D1).
- Brad Guzan had the most touches for Aston Villa in this match. This is only the second time a goalkeeper has had the most touches for his side this season; the other was also Guzan (17 August v Arsenal).
Liverpool 0-1 Southampton | #LIVSOU | Matchday Live >>
- Dejan Lovren scored his first Barclays Premier League goal and his first league goal since September 2012 (for Lyon against Ajaccio).
- All three of Southampton’s league goals this season have come from set-pieces. They are the only side yet to net in open play this term.
- Since the beginning of last season, Adam Lallana has assisted more goals (six) than any other Southampton player.
- Southampton have won five of the last seven Barclays Premier League games against Liverpool.
- Southampton have had seven shots on target v Liverpool, they only managed nine in their previous four this season.
Newcastle United 2-3 Hull City | #NEWHUL | Matchday Live >>
- Loic Remy scored more than one goal in a Barclays Premier League game for the first time.
- Hull City have won on four of their last five visits to St James’ Park in all competitions (one defeat).
- Hull ended a run of 26 away games without a victory in the top-flight, which was, before today, the longest present barren run on the road in the Barclays Premier League.
- The Tigers’ first away victory in the top-flight in September 2009 came at St James’ Park, as did their first away victory this season.
West Bromwich Albion 3-0 Sunderland | #WBASUN | Matchday Live >>
- Stephane Sessegnon has scored in each of the last three fixtures between West Bromwich Albion and Sunderland.
- The Baggies have won seven and lost none of the last eight Barclays Premier League meetings with Sunderland.
- Sunderland have won only two of their last 20 games (L12 D6).
- The Baggies ended a run of 12 Barclays Premier League home games without a clean sheet.
- West Brom’s victory was their heaviest home win since the opening day of last season, when they beat Liverpool by 3-0 as well.
West Ham United 2-3 Everton | #WHUEVE | Matchday Live >>
- After creating a league-high 46 chances without making an assist last season, two of the first six chances Matt Jarvis has created this season have led to goals.
- No player has made more assists in the Barclays Premier League this season than Jarvis (two).
- Ravel Morrison scored his first Barclays Premier League goal.
- Leighton Baines scored his fifth and sixth direct free kicks in the Barclays Premier League. Since the start of 2008/09, no player has scored more direct free-kicks.
- The Everton full-back also netted his 20th and 21st PL strikes. Since his Barclays Premier League debut, John Terry (22) is the only defender to score more.
- Seven of Romelu Lukaku’s 18 Barclays Premier League goals have come off the substitute’s bench.
- Mark Noble has scored 12 of his 14 Barclays Premier League penalties.
- Noble became the first player to score and be sent off in the same game this term.
Chelsea 2-0 Fulham | #CHEFUL | Matchday Live >>
- Oscar’s goal ended a run of 249 minutes with a Barclays Premier League goal for Chelsea.
- John Obi Mikel scored his first league goal for Chelsea in his 185th game in the Barclays Premier League.
- Mikel is the ninth African player to score a Barclays Premier League goal for Chelsea.
- No outfield player has played more Barclays Premier League games before scoring their first goal than John Obi Mikel (185; Richard Dunne – 169).
- Chelsea have won eight and lost none of the last 15 Barclays Premier League derbies with Fulham.
- Jose Mourinho has never lost a Barclays Premier League home game (W49 D14).
- Only Simon Mignolet (25) has made more saves in the Barclays Premier League this season than David Stockdale (24).
- Chelsea attempted 24 shots (including blocked) against Fulham. Only Liverpool (25 v Stoke on Aug 17th) have attempted more in a single match this season.
- Fulham have allowed their opponents to attempt 100 shots (including blocked shots) so far this season; a Barclays Premier League high.
Sunday 22 September
Arsenal 3-1 Stoke City | #ARSSTK | Matchday Live >>
- The Gunners have won all six Barclays Premier League matches against Stoke City at the Emirates Stadium and their last nine home matches against them in the league.
- All eight of Arsenal’s goals before today had come from open play but all three against Stoke came from set-plays.
- Mesut Ozil assisted two goals in this game and now has three this season, currently more than any other Barclays Premier League player in 2013-14.
- Stoke had 65% possession in the second half and only made 21 fewer passes than Arsenal in this game.
- Only four Premier League games this season have seen more passes than the 1035 in this match.
- Aaron Ramsey has scored seven goals from just nine shots on target for Arsenal this season.
Crystal Palace 0-2 Swansea City | #CRYSWA | Matchday Live >>
- Crystal Palace have failed to score in each of their last five league games against Swansea City, losing the last four in a row.
- Swansea have scored the two quickest goals of the Barclays Premier League season so far – Michu's effort in this game (1min20s) was seven seconds quicker than Jonjo Shelvey’s opener against Liverpool last Monday
- Palace only managed one shot on target all game.
- Swansea have scored 2+ goals in three successive Premier League games for the first time since December 2012.
- All eight of Swansea's corners came before half-time.
- Wayne Routledge assisted Swansea’s opening goal and went onto record a 98% pass completion (from 48 passes).
Cardiff City 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur | #CARTOT | Matchday Live >>
- Four of Tottenham Hotspur's five Premier League games this season have ended 1-0 (W3 L1).
- Spurs' goal came with their 29th and final shot of the game.
- 29 shots is at least four more than any other team has managed in a Barclays Premier League game this season.
- This is only the second time since the 1960s that Spurs have won four of their opening five games.
- Tottenham Hotspur have only scored five times this season but have 12 points.
- Spurs have conceded fewer goals than any other side this season (1).
Manchester City 4-1 Manchester United | #MCIMUN | Matchday Live >>
- Wayne Rooney has now either scored or assisted 41 goals in his last 45 Barclays Premier League games.
- Rooney has scored 11 goals in Manchester derbies, more than any other player in the fixture's history.
- Six of Manchester United's 13 Premier League titles have seen them win only two of their opening five games.
- Man City have now scored 4+ goals against ManUnited in the Barclays Premier League three times, more than any other club (Newcastle have done it twice).
- Sergio Aguero has scored in three of his five Premier League appearances against Man Utd (four goals in total).
- He now has 38 in the Premier League, City's second highest scorer after Carlos Tevez (58).
- Thirteen of Man Utd’s 14 shots in this game came in the second. In contrast, 13 of City’s 18 shots came before the break.