Ben Arfa has had more attempts from open play than any Premier League player this term
Ahead of the fifth Matchweek of the Barclays Premier League season, here are some statistics on past encounters between the sides scheduled to play and their form.
In addition to these stats, more can be found on our Matchday Live service where you can also watch the manager press conferences and catch all the latest team news.
Saturday 21 September
Kick-offs 3pm unless stated otherwise.
12.45pm Norwich City v Aston Villa | #NORAVL | Matchday Live >>
- Norwich City have won one of the last 11 meetings in all competitions with Aston Villa (W1 D5 L5).
- Christian Benteke scored in two of his three meetings in all competitions with Norwich last season. He has scored 18 Premier League goals this calendar year, more than any other player.
- Aston Villa have gone 26 Barclays Premier League matches without a clean sheet; a longer run than any other side currently in the division.
- Norwich have lost one of their last 11 Premier League home encounters (W4 D6), however, that sole defeat was against Aston Villa in May.
- Paul Lambert's Aston Villa have scored the same number of Premier League goals as his Norwich City side did (52) but have taken four more matches to do so.
- Aston Villa have won four of their last seven Premier League away fixtures (L2 D1).
Liverpool v Southampton | #LIVSOU | Matchday Live >>
- Daniel Sturridge is the first player in Liverpool's Premier League history to score in the team's opening four fixtures of the season.
- Southampton have won four of the last six Barclays Premier League matches against Liverpool but the Reds have won the last two at Anfield by a 1-0 scoreline.
- The Saints have played three teenagers in two of their Premier League fixtures this season, something Liverpool did six times last season (a divisional high).
- In the last five Premier League meetings between the Saints and Liverpool, the Merseysiders have scored three goals all between the 43rd and 45th minutes.
- Southampton have averaged the second highest possession figure this season (59.1%), Liverpool are ninth (48.1%).
- Southampton have allowed only nine shots on target this season - fewer than any other side, while Liverpool have conceded the second most (22).
- All five of Liverpool's goals in the Barclays Premier League this season have come before half-time.
Newcastle United v Hull City | #NEWHUL | Matchday Live >>
- Hatem Ben Arfa has mustered more attempts from open play than any other Premier League player this season (13).
- Hull City have won on three of their last four visits to St James Park in all competitions (one defeat).
- Newcastle have not won three Premier League matches in succession since a spell of six on the spin in March-April 2012.
- The Magpies have kept clean sheets in their last two Premier League home matches, but have also scored just one goal in their last five Premier League meetings at St James Park.
- Hull have won only one of their last 11 matches in the Barclays Premier League, drawing four and losing six.
West Bromwich Albion v Sunderland | #WBASUN | Matchday Live >>
- Nicolas Anelka has scored seven goals in 10 Barclays Premier League appearances against Sunderland.
- Steven Fletcher has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances against West Brom.
- The Baggies have won six and lost none of the last seven Premier League meetings with Sunderland. WBA are the only side to started in a 4-4-2 formation in all of their League fixtures this season.
- Sunderland have conceded more second half goals than any other side this season (6).
- Jonas Olsson has made more clearances than any other Premier League player this season (53).
- The Black Cats have scored a total of seven goals in their last nine league matches with six of those matches seeing fewer than three goals netted overall.
West Ham United v Everton | #WHUEVE | Matchday Live >>
- Everton have won six and lost none of the last 10 Barclays Premier League meetings with West Ham.
- West Ham have not scored a Premier League goal in 284 minutes. The last time that they failed to score in four successive League matches was back in October 2006 (five games).
- Ross Barkley has had more shots blocked by the opposition than any other player in the Premier League this season (7).
- Everton have attempted (681) and completed (517) more passes in the final third than any other side this season.
- Everton are in the top six for final third passes per match in Europe this season (behind Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Roma, Napoli & PSG) with 170 per game.
- West Ham have not scored a Premier League goal in 284 minutes. The last time that they failed to score in four successive League matches was back in October 2006 (five matches).
5.30pm Chelsea v Fulham | #CHEFUL | Matchday Live >>
- Fulham have conceded more corners than any other Barclays Premier League side so far this season (32).
- Chelsea have won seven and lost none of the last 14 Barclays Premier League derbies with Fulham.
- If goals from strikers were excluded this season then Chelsea would be top of the table.
- Jose Mourinho has never lost a Premier League home match (W48 D14).
- Fulham have managed only 11 shots from inside the penalty area this season, a divisional low.
- Fulham won only one of their five London derbies away from home in the 2012-13 Premier League (L2 D2).
- Samuel Eto'o could become the ninth African to score a Premier League goal for Chelsea (after Drogba, Kalou, Essien, Babayaro, Geremi, Weah, Ba and Moses).
Sunday 22 September
1.30pm Arsenal v Stoke City | #ARSSTK | Matchday Live >>
- The Gunners have won all five Premier League matches against Stoke City at the Emirates Stadium.
- Peter Crouch has scored seven Barclays Premier League goals against Arsenal; only against Blackburn (8) has he been more prolific.
- Stoke will be the fifth team Mark Hughes has coached in an away fixture against Arsenal in the Premier League but he has lost all six previous visits to north London to play the Gunners.
- Arsenal have scored all eight of their 2013-14 Premier League goals from open play, whereas two of Stoke's three goals have come from set-plays.
- Stoke have completed 79% of their passes in the Premier League this season. The Potters have also averaged more passes per match this season (397) than in any of the previous five Premier League seasons
- Olivier Giroud is one of only nine players to score in his team's opening four matches of a Premier League season and the second Arsenal player after Jose Reyes in 2004-05. All four of Giroud's goals this season have come before half-time and all before the 24th minute. Without Giroud's goals this season Arsenal would still be seventh, only two points worse off than they are in reality.
1.30pm Crystal Palace v Swansea City | #CRYSWA | Matchday Live >>
- Swansea have conceded a Premier League-high four goals before half-time this season (level with Aston Villa).
- Palace have fashioned more chances from counter attacks than any other side in the Barclays Premier League this season (4).
- Swansea won only one of their six games against newly-promoted sides last season in the Premier League (D4 L1).
- There have been 22 penalties (14 won, eight conceded) in Crystal Palace's last 41 matches in the Premier League. Last season there were a total of 19 penalties in Palace's 46 Championship games.
- Swansea did not win a penalty in 2012-13 and are yet to win one this season either.
- Crystal Palace have failed to score in each of their last four League matches against Swansea City, losing the last three in a row.
4pm Cardiff City v Tottenham Hotspur | #CARTOT | Matchday Live >>
- Christian Eriksen has created four goals in his five league appearances in 2013-14 (Premier League and Eredivisie combined).
- Spurs have hit more shots than any other side this season (59 excl. blocked) but have scored only four times.
- Tottenham Hotspur have scored exactly two goals in five of their last seven Premier League away matches.
- Three of Tottenham Hotspur's four goals this season have come in the 15 minute spell after half-time.
- Cardiff City are one of five Barclays Premier League sides yet to score a first half goal this season.
- No player has assisted more Premier League goals than Cardiff's Don Cowie this season (2).
4pm Manchester City v Manchester United | #MCIMUN | Matchday Live >>
- Manchester City have scored four of the 14 Premier League goals from outside the penalty area this season; more than any other side.
- City have scored in each of their last 52 Barclays Premier League home matches. The all-time record for the competition is 66 set by Man Utd last season.
- Six of the last seven meetings between Manchester City and Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium have seen fewer than two goals scored.
- Man Utd's Wayne Rooney has now either scored or assisted 40 goals in his last 44 Premier League fixtures.
- Marouane Fellaini has won five times against Man City in the Premier League (only against Sunderland - six wins - has he won more often).
- Since the start of 2012-13, no side has kept more clean sheets in the Barclays Premier League than Manchester City (21). Six of these clean sheets have come in Manchester City's last eight Premier League matches.
- Yaya Toure has made 347 passes this season, 30 more than any other player in the division and 65 more than Utd's leading passer Michael Carrick (282).