Hatem Ben Arfa (left) has scored in all three of his league appearances against Fulham
Today there are several reasons to be cheerful for Arsenal, Liverpool and Swansea City fans. Not only did their teams manage impressive wins on Sunday but they achieved some eye-catching statistics in so doing.
Among Sunday's analysis of Opta's stats discover how Liverpool have dropped the art of crossing, which exclusive club Olivier Giroud has joined and why Swansea's Chico Flores is the smartest kid on the block.
On Saturday, meanwhile, Newcastle's Hatem Ben Arfa rekindled his fondness for playing Fulham, Norwich City's Leroy Fer displayed an impressive eye for a pass and Sunderland's Steven Fletcher managed a head first.
For key stats from Matchweek 3 scroll down. For further statistics, such as possession and shots, check out premierleague.com's Matchday Live service, which also provides photos from all the grounds, match reports, post-match reaction and manager press conferences. To see more, click on the Matchday Live links below.
Saturday 31 August
Manchester City 2-0 Hull City | #MCIHUL | Matchday Live >>
- Manchester City have not lost successive Barclays Barclays Premier League games since October 30 2010.
- Man City have scored in each of their last 52 home league matches – the longest current run of its kind and the second-longest in Barclays Premier League history.
- Yaya Toure has scored five goals in his last seven PL games at the Etihad.
- Edin Dzeko was substituted at half-time for the first time in the Barclays Premier League.
- Hull’s Ahmed Elmohamady saw the ball more often than any other player in this game (91).
Cardiff 0-0 Everton | #CAREVE | Matchday Live >>
- Roberto Martinez has won just one of his last 11 games as a manager in the Barclays Barclays Premier League (W1 D6 L4).
- Only once under David Moyes did Everton fail to win any of their opening three games in a Barclays Premier League season (2010/11; D1 L2).
- The Toffees, who had 63% possession in this game, have the highest average possession figure in the top-flight this term (64.2%).
- Ross Barkley had four shots in this game, the same number as the whole Cardiff team, but none hit the target.
- Leighton Baines was the only player to have more than 100 touches in this match (105).
Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham | #NEWFUL | Matchday Live >>
- Hatem Ben Arfa has scored in all three of his Barclays Premier League appearances against Fulham. The Frenchman has scored more goals against Fulham than any other side in his Barclays Premier League career (three).
- Three of Ben Arfa’s last four Barclays Premier League goals have come from outside the box in open player – the other was a penalty.
- Loic Remy collected his first ever Barclays Premier League assist.
- After one shot on target in their opening two league games, Newcastle had seven against Fulham.
- The home side have won each of the last six Barclays Premier League meetings between Newcastle and Fulham.
- The Magpies had 25 shots (including blocked) in this game, the joint-most of any team in a single game this term.
Norwich City 1-0 Southampton | #NORSOU | Matchday Live >>
- Norwich have lost only one of their last 11 Barclays Premier League games at Carrow Road.
- Southampton’s last five Barclays Premier League away games have produced a total of only five goals.
- Pablo Osvaldo had both of Southampton’s shots on target, in the 49th and 51st minutes.
- Leroy Fer had a pass completion of 94% in this game (from 35 passes).
- Southampton’s best passer was James Ward-Prowse with 92% (52 passes).
West Ham United 0-1 Stoke City | #WHUSTK | Matchday Live >>
- Jermaine Pennant's goal at West Ham is his first strike in the Barclays Premier League since May 8, 2011, 846 days ago. It was also only his second away goal in the Barclays Premier League (from a total of 14).
- West Ham lost the chance to keep three successive clean sheets in the Barclays Premier League for a 10th time. They have never managed more than three in a row.
- Stoke have lost only one of their last five Barclays Premier League away games (W2 D2) after losing each of the previous six.
- This was only the second Stoke away clean sheet in their last 11 Barclays Premier League road trips.
- After preventing Newcastle having a shot on target last weekend, West Ham failed to register one themselves vs Stoke.
Crystal Palace 3-1 Sunderland | #CRYSUN | Matchday Live >>
- Nine of Steven Fletcher’s 12 Barclays Premier League goals for Sunderland have come away from home.
- His goal against Palace was Steven Fletcher's first headed goal for Sunderland.
- In their last season in the Barclays Premier League (2004-05), Crystal Palace scored 11 penalties, a joint-record in the competition. Palace also scored more penalties than any other side in the top four divisions last season (13 – includes playoffs)
- Sunderland managed only two shots on target.
- Twelve of Palace’s 18 shots in this game came from outside the box.
- Palace have three points from three games this season. In their last top-flight season (2004-05) they picked up only one from their opening six matches.
Sunday 1 September
Liverpool 1-0 Manchester United | #LIVMUN | Matchday Live >>
- This is the first time Liverpool have ever won their first three games of a top-flight season and kept a clean sheet in each game.
- Liverpool attempted just two crosses from open play in the game, their fewest ever in a Barclays Premier League game since Opta have collected this particular data (2003/04).
- It is the first season since 1994/95 when Roy Evans was in charge that Liverpool started a Barclays Premier League season with three consecutive wins
- This is the first time Man Utd have failed to score in back-to-back Barclays Premier League games since 2007, between 9 May and 12 August 2007 they failed to score in three on the spin.
- Man Utd manager David Moyes has picked up just three wins in 23 Barclays Premier League clashes with Liverpool (D7 L13).
West Bromwich Albion 0-2 Swansea City | #WBASWA | Matchday Live >>
- Albion are the first team since Swansea in 2011/12 to fail to score in their opening three games of a Barclays Premier League season.
- Swansea have won four of their five Barclays Premier League clashes with West Brom (L1), making WBA their favourite opponents in the Premier League.
- Chico has made 32 clearances so far this season, only Winston Reid (33) has made more
- Steve Clarke's side have had just four shots on target in their opening three games.
- The Baggies have lost four and won none of their last six home games in the Barclays Premier League
Arsenal 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur | #ARSTOT | Matchday Live >>
- Arsenal have won six and lost just one of their eight Barclays Premier League meetings with Tottenham Hotspur at Emirates Stadium.
- Only Everton (55) have attempted more shots (including blocked) than Spurs so far this season (53). However, Andre Villas-Boas' side are yet to score from open play
- All 14 of Olivier Giroud's Barclays Premier League goals have come in London, 12 at Emirates Stadium, one at West Ham United and one at Fulham.
- Giroud is the fourth Arsenal player to score in each of their three opening games of a Barclays Premier League season (Sylvain Wiltord 02/03, Thierry Henry 03/04, and Jose Antonio Reyes 04/05).
- There have been 125 goals scored in Barclays Premier League meetings between Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal; more than any other fixture