After Sunday's fixtures in the ninth Matchweek of the Barclays Premier League season, here are a selection of statistics thrown up by the matches. In addition to these stats, more can be found on our Matchday Live service where you can also watch the manager press conferences and catch all the best action shots.
Saturday 26 October
Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal | #CRYARS | Matchday Live >>
- Arsenal remain the only team to score in each of their Barclays Premier League matches this season.
- Arsene Wenger’s side have scored in their last 14 Premier League games; the best current run in the competition.
- Mikel Arteta has scored 16 of the 18 Premier League penalties he has taken – six out of seven for Arsenal.
- Crystal Palace have lost six consecutive league matches for the first time since March 2001.
- The Eagles have conceded at least two goals in each of their last six Premier League matches; 15 goals in total.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in 14 competitive away games, winning 12 and drawing twice.
- Despite playing with 10 men for 25 minutes, Arsenal attempted 665 passes; more than they have in any of their other top-flight fixtures in 2013/14.
Aston Villa 0-2 Everton | #AVLEVE | Matchday Live >>
- Christian Benteke has missed two penalties this season. There have only been six spot-kicks missed in total in the top-flight this term.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored five goals in as many Barclays Premier League matches for Everton this term.
- The Belgian has now scored 22 in 40 Premier League appearances for West Bromwich Albion and Everton, but none in 10 for Chelsea.
- Aston Villa have conceded a goal in 16 successive Premier League home matches; the longest current run in the competition.
- Everton had not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 18 Premier League matches against Aston Villa before today’s shutout.
- No side has conceded the first goal of the game more often than Aston Villa in the Premier League this season (7).
Liverpool 4-1 West Bromwich Albion | #LIVWBA | Matchday Live >>
- Luis Suarez has scored six and assisted one in just four Barclays Premier League appearances this season.
- Suarez has scored seven goals in his last five top-flight matches at Anfield.
- The Liverpool striker scored his fourth Premier League hat-trick, his first at Anfield, in only his 81st appearance for the club.
- The Uruguay international was the first player to net a treble in the top-flight this term.
- Suarez's rate of one hat-trick every 20.3 games is the best of all 46 players to have scored more than one Premier League treble.
- Liverpool have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last six Premier League games.
- Daniel Sturridge has scored exactly one goal in eight of his nine Premier League appearances this term.
Manchester United 3-2 Stoke City | #MUNSTK | Matchday Live >>
- Peter Crouch scored only his second goal in 18 Barclays Premier League appearances against Manchester United.
- Crouch was the first striker to score a goal in the top-flight for the Potters this term.
- Crouch’s goal was only the ninth Manchester United have conceded before the fifth minute in the Premier League era at Old Trafford; five of these nine have come since August 2012.
- Robin van Persie has scored nine goals in his last seven Premier League appearances against Stoke City.
- Marko Arnautovic scored his first Premier League goal.
- Javier Hernandez has scored five goals in seven top-flight appearances against Stoke; only against Wigan Athletic has he netted more.
- Manchester United have won all six of their previous Barclays Premier League home games against Stoke.
Norwich City 0-0 Cardiff City | #NORCAR | Matchday Live >>
- Norwich have lost just one of their last 11 competitive home games against Cardiff City (W7 D3 L1).
- Cardiff kept only their second Barclays Premier League clean sheet of the campaign, in their ninth top-flight match.
- Norwich had 61% possession in this game; since the start of last season they have had over 50% possession in eleven games but have won none of them.
- The Canaries had 31 shots (including blocks) in this game; the most by any side in a single game this term.
- Cardiff have faced more shots than any other team in the Premier League this term (174).
Southampton 2-0 Fulham | #SOUFUL | Matchday Live >>
- Southampton have beaten Fulham for the first time in eight meetings (D5 L2).
- The Saints have lost only one of their last 11 Barclays Premier League matches (W5 D5 L1).
- Thanks to their win, Southampton have now made their best ever start to a top flight season (19 points from nine matches).
- Fulham are the seventh team to fail to register a shot on target in a Premier League game this season.
- They are the second team to fail to do so against Southampton this season (also Crystal Palace).
- Rickie Lambert's last two Premier League assists have been for Jay Rodriguez to score.
- Lambert had three shots on target against Fulham. The entire Fulham side managed two attempts in the entire game (both off target).
- Mauricio Pochettino's charges have allowed their opponents just 2.89 shots on target per game in the Premier League so far this season. Only Chelsea (2.88) have allowed fewer.
Sunday 27 October
Sunderland 2-1 Newcastle United | #SUNNEW | Matchday Live >>
- Newcastle United have scored in all 12 of their Barclays Premier League away matches versus Sunderland.
- Two of Sunderland’s last three Premier League wins have come against Newcastle.
- Sunderland have won one of their opening nine league games for the second season in succession.
- Both of Steven Fletcher’s Premier League goals this season have come with his head. None of the 11 he scored for the Black Cats last season came from his head.
- Davide Santon created six goalscoring chances, twice as many as any other player in the game.
- Sunderland have won consecutive League matches against Newcastle for the first time since March 1967 (the year that Gus Poyet was born).
Chelsea 2-1 Manchester City | #CHEMCI | Matchday Live >>
- Jose Mourinho is unbeaten in 65 Barclays Premier League home games as manager of Chelsea (W51 D14).
- Manchester City have lost more away matches (6) than they have won (5) in the Premier League in 2013.
- City have won four of their last 13 Premier League away games.
- Fernando Torres scored his first goal of the season with his 13th shot. Torres also registered his 13th Premier League assist for Chelsea, one more than he managed for Liverpool.
- Chelsea have scored more goals in the final 15 minutes of Premier League matches this season than any other side (6).
- Sergio Aguero has scored nine goals in his last seven appearances for City (all competitions).
- City lost a Premier League game in which Aguero scored for the first time (W29 D2 L1).
- 82% of the goals City have conceded have come after half-time, a League high.
Swansea City 0-0 West Ham United | #SWAWHU | Matchday Live >>
- There have been just four goals scored in the last five Premier League away matches that West Ham have played.
- Four of West Ham’s five shots on target came in the first half.
- Swansea have won two of their last seven matches (all competitions).
- Jussi Jaaskalainen has kept five clean sheets this season, only two Premier League goalkeepers have more.
- Ashley Williams made 94 passes, Mark Noble made the most for West Ham (38).
Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Hull City | #TOTHUL | Matchday Live >>
- No side has kept more clean sheets in the Premier League this season than Tottenham Hotspur (6).
- Spurs have won four matches 1-0 this season, matching their total from last season.
- Tottenham Hotspur have scored more penalties than any other Premier League team this season (3). They did not win a single penalty in the Premier League last season.
- Hull City have won one point from their last seven Premier League away trips in London (L6 D1).
- The Tigers have collected one win from their last 29 Premier League matches away from home (L21 D7).
- Since the start of last season Roberto Soldado has taken nine league penalties and scored eight of them.
- Tottenham are the only side in the top nine to score fewer than 10 goals this season.