Swansea's Michu has directly contributed to more shots than any other player in the top flight
After the international break, the Barclays Premier League resumes with the eighth matchweek starting on Saturday lunchtime when Newcastle United host Liverpool.
League leaders Arsenal host Norwich City as one of six 3pm encounters before Manchester City travel to West Ham United in the evening tie. On Sunday, After losing at home to West Ham last time out, Tottenham Hotspur will look to get back to winning ways away to Aston Villa while there will be a London derby on Monday night when Fulham visit the division's bottom club Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
Before then, here are some key stats that might be influential in how the matches unfold this weekend.
You can keep up to date with all the action on premierleague.com. With our Matchday Live service you can watch the manager press conferences, catch all the latest team news and check out the head-to-head statistics ahead of the weekend's action.
After kick-off you can follow live commentaries, check out the best photos from all the grounds and get the latest in-match stats. At the final whistle we provide match reports while there will also be post-match reaction and manager press conferences. To see more, click on the Matchday Live links below.
Saturday 19 October
Kick-offs 3pm unless stated.
12.45pm Newcastle United v Liverpool | #NEWLIV | Matchday Live >>
- Liverpool have won 10 of their last 14 Barclays Premier League matches against Newcastle (L3 D1).
- Only one fixture in Barclays Premier League history (Arsenal against Tottenham – 125 goals) has had more goals scored than this match-up (122).
- There have been 38 Barclays Premier League matches between Newcastle and Liverpool without a 0-0, no fixture has had more matches and no goalless draws.
- Liverpool won 6-0 at St James' Park last season – Newcastle had not lost a top-flight home game by a margin of 6+ goals since September 1925 (1-7 v Blackburn Rovers) before then.
- Liverpool have scored 10 and conceded only one goal in the first half of Barclays Premier League games this season, but in the second half they have netted just once and conceded four.
- If only second-halves counted, Liverpool would be 19th place in the Barclays Premier League with just four points, ahead of only Sunderland (one).
- Steven Gerrard has scored 99 goals in the Barclays Premier League. He has netted seven goals in the competition against Newcastle; only against Aston Villa (11) has he scored more.
Arsenal v Norwich City | #ARSNOR | Matchday Live >>
- Arsenal have collected more points (56) and more wins (17) in the Barclays Premier League in 2013 than any other side.
- Norwich have scored in each of their last seven league matches against Arsenal, but have collected just four points in this run.
- Arsenal have the longest present unbeaten run in the top flight (six matches) and have a longer run of scoring in consecutive games than any other side in the Barclays Premier League (12 matches).
- Norwich have failed to score in seven of their last 11 Barclays Premier League away trips.
- Arsene Wenger's side have only managed three clean sheets in their last 14 league encounters at Emirates Stadium.
- Norwich have conceded their first goal of the match earlier than any other Barclays Premier League side on average this season (29th minute).
- Arsenal have scored a League-high four goals in the opening 15 minutes this term, and a League-high five in the 15-minute period after half-time.
- Arsenal have the best shooting accuracy in the Barclays Premier League this campaign, hitting the target with 57.5% of their shots.
Chelsea v Cardiff City | #CHECAR | Matchday Live >>
- Chelsea have won 10 and drawn one of their last 11 Barclays Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge.
- Cardiff City have kept a clean sheet in just one of their seven Barclays Premier League matches so far.
- Chelsea have scored exactly two goals in each of their last eight home matches in the Barclays Premier League.
- Cardiff goalkeeper David Marshall has made more saves than any other Barclays Premier League goalkeeper this season (31).
- In only four Barclays Premier League matches have a side attempted 10 or more shots on target this season, two of which have been against Cardiff City (versus Spurs and Newcastle).
- Cardiff have averaged 54% possession away from home in the Premier League this season; well above their home possession rate (40%).
- Petr Cech will make his 300th Premier League appearance in this match if selected, becoming the third player to reach this landmark for the club (after Frank Lampard and John Terry).
- Eden Hazard has played more successful passes in the final third of the pitch than any other Barclays Premier League player in 2013-14 so far (135).
- Cardiff City have conceded four goals from outside the penalty area this season; a Premier League high.
- Chelsea are one of only two sides (along with Stoke City) for whom a striker has not scored a Barclays Premier League goal this season.
Everton v Hull City | #EVEHUL | Matchday Live >>
- No side has gone longer without losing at home in the Barclays Premier League than Everton (12 matches – W9 D3).
- Hull City have not conceded a goal in the Barclays Premier League in three hours and 46 minutes of action.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored four goals in three matches for Everton. He has scored 21 in 38 Barclays Premier League matches for West Bromwich Albion and Everton, but none in 10 for Chelsea.
- Everton have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last eight Barclays Premier League matches at Goodison Park.
- No side has played more teenagers this season in the Barclays Premier League than Everton (3).
- Hull City have used just 17 players in their seven Premier League matches so far this season; fewer than any other side.
- Everton have already made the same number of last-man tackles this season as they made in the entire 2012/13 campaign (seven).
Man Utd v Southampton | #MUNSOU | Matchday Live >>
- Manchester United have not lost successive Barclays Premier League home matches since 8 May 2002.
- Southampton have conceded just two goals in their seven Barclays Premier League matches in 2013-14; fewer than any other side.
- Twenty-four different players have started a Barclays Premier League match for Manchester United this season; more than any other side.
- The Saints have not won back-to-back Barclays Premier League away matches since September 2001.
- Southampton have won just one point in 14 Barclays Premier League trips to Old Trafford (D1 L13).
- If only second halves counted, Southampton would be top of the Barclays Premier League on 16 points.
- Saints have scored their opening goal in the 59th minute on average this season; the latest of all Barclays Premier League sides.
Stoke City v West Bromwich Albion | #STKWBA | Matchday Live >>
- Stoke City have kept a clean sheet in six of their previous eight Barclays Premier League matches against West Brom.
- West Brom have never gone five matches unbeaten in the Barclays Premier League under Steve Clarke (currently four in a row).
- There have been just 13 goals scored in the eight Barclays Premier League meetings between these two sides, with seven of these being scored in the final 10 minutes.
- The Potters have scored with 5.8% of their shots this season in the Premier League; the lowest ratio in the competition.
- Stoke City have hit the woodwork (four) as many times as they have scored in the Barclays Premier League this season.
- Mark Hughes has won 99 matches as a Barclays Premier League manager (from 277 matches).
- Morgan Amalfitano has averaged 12 crosses per game since his move to the Barclays Premier League.
Swansea City v Sunderland | #SWASUN | Matchday Live >>
- Swansea have averaged 493 completed passes per match in the Barclays Premier League this season; more than any other side.
- Sunderland have kept a clean sheet in three of their previous four Barclays Premier League matches against Swansea.
- The Swans have gone eight successive home matches without a win in the Barclays Premier League; the longest current run.
- Michael Laudrup's side have made fewer substitutions than any other Barclays Premier League side this season (15).
- Swansea City have scored 99 goals in the Barclays Premier League.
- Michu has directly contributed to more shots than any other player in the top flight this term (32 - 16 shots, excluding blocked, and 16 chances created).
- The Black Cats are only the sixth team in Barclays Premier League history to have recorded one (or no) point(s) after seven matches; three of the previous five were relegated.
- Adam Johnson has created more chances without registering an assist than any other Barclays Premier League player this season (16).
5.30pm West Ham United v Manchester City | #WHUMCI | Matchday Live >>
- West Ham have kept four clean sheets in their last seven Barclays Premier League matches; but have also failed to score in four of their seven fixtures.
- Man City have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League meetings with West Ham (W8 D3).
- Alvaro Negredo has scored three and assisted two goals in seven Barclays Premier League appearances for City (four starts).
- Mark Noble has created more goalscoring chances than any other Barclays Premier League player this season (17).
- No side has had more English players appear in the Barclays Premier League for them this season than West Ham (nine).
- City have won 46% of their Barclays Premier League matches without Vincent Kompany since his debut; compared to 58% with him in the side.
- No side has attempted more shots in the opening five minutes of Premier League matches this season (6, excluding blocked) than Manchester City.
- Yaya Toure, who has either scored or assisted in five of his seven Premier League appearances this season, has scored three goals in four appearances against the Hammers.
Sunday 6 October
4pm Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur | #AVLTOT | Matchday Live >>
- Paul Lambert has won more away Barclays Premier League matches (seven) as manager of Aston Villa than he has at Villa Park (six).
- Spurs are unbeaten in their last nine league meetings with Aston Villa, winning six (D3).
- Andros Townsend has embarked on 50 dribbles in the Barclays Premier League this season; more than any other player.
- Townsend has also attempted a League-high 26 shots without scoring a goal this season (including blocked).
- Aston Villa have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 14 Barclays Premier League home matches, losing nine in this run (W4 D1). This run started with a 0-4 defeat at the hands of Spurs in December 2012, with Gareth Bale netting a hat-trick.
- All three of Spurs' away matches this season have ended 1-0 (two wins, one defeat for Spurs).
- Aston Villa have gained more points from losing positions than any other Barclays Premier League side this season (six).
Monday 21 October
8pm Crystal Palace v Fulham | #CRYFUL | Matchday Live >>
- Crystal Palace are one of only two sides yet to keep a clean sheet in the Barclays Premier League this season (alongside Sunderland)
- Fulham have failed to find the net in nine of their last 16 Barclays Premier League away matches, including the last two.
- These two sides have the lowest win percentage in Barclays Premier League London derbies (both 21%).
- Despite playing 503 minutes in the Barclays Premier League this season, Dimitar Berbatov has touched the ball just 17 times in the opposition box – three times a game on average.
- Three of Fulham's five Barclays Premier League goals this season have been scored by substitutes (Bent 2, Ruiz 1); no side has scored more.
- Fulham have won four and lost just one of their last six Barclays Premier League meetings with the Eagles.
- A Fulham player has netted a brace in three of the last four meetings between these sides (Andy Cole, Lee Clark and Luis Boa Morte).
- Fulham have lost more points thanks to goals conceded in the final five minutes than any other side this term (four).
- Palace have seen their woodwork struck seven times this season; a League high.
- Fulham have conceded more corners than any other Premier League team this term (60).