Man City's Sergio Aguero scores his 41st Barclays Premier League goal at West Ham
From Steven Gerrard's 100th Barclays Premier League goal to Petr Cech's 300th appearance in the top flight, Kevin Mirallas's unsurpassed creativity to Jack Wilshere's new-found eye for goal, a raft of intriguing statistics emerged from Saturday's encounters.
Scroll down for all the intriguiing details from Saturday's matches in the Barclays Premier League.
Saturday 19 October
Newcastle United 2-2 Liverpool | #NEWLIV | Matchday Live >>
- There have been 39 Barclays Premier League games between Newcastle United and Liverpool without a 0-0. No fixture has had more games and no goalless draws.
- Newcastle have only one win in seven Barclays Premier League games at home (D2 L4).
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last eight Barclays Premier League away games, their best run since 2009.
- Daniel Sturridge has scored 13 goals in his last 13 Premier League appearances and has scored five goals in four starts at St James’ Park.
- That was the 126th goal in Barclays Premier League games between Newcastle and Liverpool, more than in any other clash.
- Liverpool (118) have been awarded more penalties than any other team in Barclays Premier League history.
- Steven Gerrard is the 24th player to score 100+ Barclays Premier League goals.
- Steven Gerrard is the 13th player to score 100+ Barclays Premier League goals for a single club.
- Of Steven Gerrard's 100 Barclays Premier League goals, 20 have come from the penalty spot including each of the last five.
- Twelve of Newcastle’s 14 shots in this game came from outside the box.
- Liverpool’s Premier League second half scorelines this season have been (from earliest to most recent) 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-1, 0-1, 1-1, 0-1, 1-1.
Arsenal 4-1 Norwich City | #ARSNOR | Matchday Live >>
- Arsenal have collected more points (59) and more wins (18) in the Barclays Premier League in 2013 than any other side.
- Norwich have scored in each of their last eight Premier League matches against Arsenal, but have collected just four points in this run.
- The Gunners are on the longest run of scoring in consecutive fixtures in the Barclays Premier League (13 matches).
- Arsene Wenger's side have only managed three clean sheets in their last 15 league games at Emirates Stadium.
- The north Londoners are the only side to score in every Premier League match this season.
- With four, Olivier Giroud has already surpassed his assist total from last season (3).
- Jack Wilshere scored in consecutive Premier League matches for the first time.
- Mesut Ozil has two goals and three assists in five Premier League matches for the Gunners.
Chelsea 4-1 Cardiff City | #CHECAR | Matchday Live >>
- Chelsea have won 11 and drawn one of their last 12 Barclays Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge.
- Cardiff City have kept a clean sheet in just one of their eight Barclays Premier League matches so far.
- Petr Cech was unable to keep a clean sheet on his 300th Barclays Premier League appearance.
- Samuel Eto'o scored his first Premier League goal with his 12th shot this season.
- Eto'o was the first striker to score a Premier League goal for Chelsea this season.
- Oscar has matched his Premier League goals total from last season (four).
- Hazard now has 12 assists and 12 goals in 42 Premier League appearances for Chelsea.
- Jose Mourinho is now unbeaten in 64 Premier League home games as manager of Chelsea (W50 D14)
Everton 2-1 Hull City | #EVEHUL | Matchday Live >>
- No side has currently gone longer without losing at home in the Barclays Premier League than Everton (13 matches – W10 D3).
- Yannick Sagbo's goal was the earliest scored by a subsititute in the Premier League this season (30 minutes).
- Everton conceded for only the second time in the last nine Premier League home matches.
- Kevin Mirallas scored and created six goalscoring chances in this game. No player created more in Saturday's matches
Man Utd 1-1 Southampton | #MUNSOU | Matchday Live >>
- Robin van Persie has scored five goals in five Barclays Premier League appearances against Southampton (four in three for Manchester United)
- Man United have played consecutive home league matches without a win for the first time since 2007 (May - August).
- The Red Devils have kept just two clean sheets in their last 12 Premier League games.
- Southampton's last seven away trips in the League have produced just eight goals.
- Since the beginning of last season, United have not lost a League match after taking the lead (W32 D4).
- Saints have avoided defeat for just the second time in 15 Premier League visits to Old Trafford (L13).
- United have won just three of their last eight home Premier League matches (D2 L3).
Stoke City 0-0 West Bromwich Albion | #STKWBA | Matchday Live >>
- Stoke City have kept a clean sheet in seven of their previous nine Barclays Premier League matches against West Bromwih Albion.
- West Brom have gone five games unbeaten in the Barclays Premier League for the first time under Steve Clarke.
- There have been just 13 goals scored in the nine Premier League meetings between these two sides.
- Stoke's total of four goals from eight games is only the 14th time a team has scored four or fewer in their opening eight Premier League matches. Seven of the previous 13 went down.
- Stephane Sessegnon had four of WBA's 11 shots
- Mark Hughes has won 99 matches as a Barclays Premier League manager (from 278 matches).
Swansea City 4-0 Sunderland | #SWASUN | Matchday Live >>
- Swansea ended a run of eight successive home fixtures without a win in the Barcalys Premier League.
- Swansea ended a run of 56 matches without a Premier League penalty, stretching back to March 2012.
- Sunderland are the fourth team to record only one point from their opening eight Barclays Premier League games. Two of the previous three went down (Man City 1996, Sheffield Wednesday 2000), while one (Southampton 1999) survived.
- Sunderland have conceded 18 goals in their last six Premier League matches.
- The last time Sunderland kept a clean sheet was Paolo Di Canio's second and final win as manager (1-0 v Everton).
- Swansea scored with four of their seven shots on target.
- The Black Cats managed only one shot on target.
West Ham United 1-3 Manchester City | #WHUMCI | Matchday Live >>
- Manchester City have lost just one of their last 13 Barclays Premier League meetings with West Ham United (W9 D3).
- Sergio Aguero's brace was his eighth in the Barclays Premier League.
- Aguero's second goal was his first headed goal in the Premier League (from 41 goals)
- Aguero has now scored the same number of Premier League goals as Luis Suarez (41).
- Five of Aguero's six shots in this match were on target.
- This was only the fourth win in City's last 12 Premier League away matches.
- City are the first team to score 20+ goals in the Premier League this season.
- West Ham have lost three successive home matches in the League for the first time since March 2010.
- Yaya Toure had 112 touches, the most he has had in a Premier League match this season.
Sunday 20 October
Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur | #AVLTOT | Matchday Live >>
- It took Andros Townsend 27 shots to score his first Barclays Premier League goal of the season, more than any other goalscorer in the top tier.
- Aston Villa have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 15 Premier League home matches, losing 10 in this run (W4 D1).
- The Villans have now gone 10 Premier League meetings without beating Spurs (D3 L7).
- Tottenham Hotspur have kept clean sheets in four of their last five encounters with Villa, winning all four of those matches (D1).
- Roberto Soldado scored his first Spurs goal from open play, with his first two strikes in te top-flight coming from the penalty spot.
- Aston Villa have the lowest possession in the Premier League (41.3%). In five fixtures of the eight games this season, their possession has been below 40%.
- No Premier League team has kept more clean sheets than Tottenham Hotspur (five, level with Southampton), three of which have come away from White Hart Lane.
Monday 21 October
Crystal Palace 1-4 Fulham | #CRYFUL | Matchday Live >>
- Fulham have scored more than three goals in a single Barclays Premier League match for the first time since the opening day of last season.
- Fulham have won five and lost just one of their last seven League meetings with the Eagles.
- The Lilywhites came from behind to win in the Premier League for the first time since 21 April 2012 (when they beat Wigan 2-1).
- The victory is also the first points Fulham have won from losing positions so far this season.
- Crystal Palace have conceded nine goals from set pieces this season; more than any other side in the Premier League.
- Bryan Ruiz has assisted more league goals (nine) since the beginning of last season than any other Fulham player.
- Crystal Palace remain one of only two sides yet to keep a clean sheet in the Barclays Premier League this season (alongside Sunderland).
- Dimitar Berbatov scored his first Premier League goal of the season; ending a run of six league appearances without a goal for Fulham.
The Bulgarian had more touches (79) than any other Fulham player in the match.