Carlton Cole has scored six goals in his last five Premier League starts against Fulham
Matchweek 13 is almost upon us already with the lunchtime kick-off between Aston Villa and Sunderland getting the Barclays Premier League action under way.
Ahead of the fixtures here are some intriguiing statistics to whet the appetite, including how Everton's Romelu Lukaku is breaking the mould with his goal rate, why West Ham, and Carlton Cole in particular, have cause for optimism ahead of Fulham's visit and why history is not on Tottenham Hotspur's side ahead of the visit of Manchester United on Saturday.
Saturday 30 November
Kick-offs 3pm unless stated.
12.45pm Aston Villa v Sunderland | #AVLSUN | Matchday Live >>
- Sunderland have won just one and lost 11 of their last 13 Barclays Premier League away fixtures (D1).
- There have been four red cards in the last three league meetings between Sunderland and Villa at Villa Park, with the Black Cats being given one in each match.
- Christian Benteke scored a second half hat-trick in this fixture at Villa Park last season, as Paul Lambert's side racked up their biggest win and inflicted the Black Cats' heaviest defeat of 2012-13.
- The Black Cats have lost their last five Premier League away trips in a row and failed to score in the last four. The last time they went five away matches without scoring was in May 2009 (six matches).
- Sunderland have fired in just 29 shots on target this season, fewer than any other team in the top flight.
- Sunderland have kept just one clean sheet in the Barclays Premier League this season, fewer than any other side.
Cardiff City v Arsenal | #CARARS | Matchday Live >>
- Cardiff have allowed their opponents more shots on target against them than any other team in the top flight this season (75).
- Arsenal's former Cardiff midfielder Aaron Ramsey has made more tackles than any other player in the Barclays Premier League this season (57).
- Peter Odemwingie has scored in two of his three Barclays Premier League starts against Arsenal.
- Cardiff have won just one of their last six Barclays Premier League matches (W1 D2 L3).
- Only in 2007-08 and 2003-04 (30) have Arsenal had more points after 12 matches of a Barclays Premier League season than they have mustered so far this campaign (28).
- Only one of Arsenal's last 22 Premier League opponents has managed to score more than one goal in a game against the Gunners (Aston Villa, 3-1 in August).
Everton v Stoke City | #EVESTK | Matchday Live >>
- Romelu Lukaku has the best minutes per goal ratio in Barclays Premier League history (minimum 20 goals), scoring every 118 minutes.
- Stoke City's win in their last match against Sunderland ended a run of eight Barclays Premier League matches without a victory (W0 D4 L4).
- The last three Barclays Premier League meetings between these two sides at Goodison Park have ended in a 1-0 scoreline with Everton winning twice and Stoke once.
- Everton have only ever had more points after 12 fixtures in one previous Barclays Premier League season; 2004-05 (23) when they finished in the top four. They have 21 points so far in 2013-14.
- Everton have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League matches (W5 D6 L1) and lost just one of the last 29 at Goodison Park (W19 D9 L1).
- Stoke are one of three Premier League sides yet to register a headed goal this season and have mustered the joint-fewest headers on target in the top flight (4).
Norwich City v Crystal Palace | #NORCRY | Matchday Live >>
- Crystal Palace have conceded more goals from the penalty spot than any other team in the Barclays Premier League this season (4).
- The Eagles beat Hull City 1-0 last weekend; their first away victory in the Barclays Premier League in 19 attempts (D5 L13).
- The last time that Crystal Palace won back to back Barclays Premier League away matches was in November 1997. The second game in this run was away at Tottenham Hotspur when current Norwich manager Chris Hughton was Spurs' caretaker manager.
- Only Sunderland's Keiren Westwood (55%) has a lower saves-to-shots ratio than Julian Speroni in the Premier League this season (59%).
- Only Crystal Palace (12) have picked up fewer yellow cards than Norwich City (13) in the Premier League this season, but the Eagles have had two players dismissed.
- Crystal Palace have seen their woodwork struck nine times by the opposition this season, which is more often than any other team.
West Ham United v Fulham | #WHUNOR | Matchday Live >>
- West Ham are unbeaten in their last eight Barclays Premier League matches against Fulham at the Boleyn Ground (W4 D4).
- The Whites have only won six out of 56 Barclays Premier League London derbies away from home, with the first of those six coming in November 2001 at West Ham.
- Carlton Cole has scored six goals in his last five Barclays Premier League starts against Fulham
- Ten points after 12 matches is Fulham's worst ever start to a Barclays Premier League campaign. They had 16 points at this stage last season.
- West Ham have won just one of their last 11 Barclays Premier League matches (W1 D4 L6) and none of the last five on home soil (W0 D1 L4).
- Fulham have attempted the fewest shots in total in the Barclays Premier League so far this season (96, inc. blocked).
5.30pm Newcastle United v West Bromwich Albion | #NEWWBA | Matchday Live >>
- Papiss Demba Cisse has scored three goals in three Barclays Premier League matches against West Bromwich Albion; against no side has he scored more.
- West Brom have won just one of their last eight Barclays Premier League away fixtures (W1 D4 L3).
- In the last eight Barclays Premier League meetings between Newcastle and West Brom, neither side has kept a clean sheet.
- Victor Anichebe has scored more Barclays Premier League goals against Newcastle United than versus any other team (4).
- Magpies' striker Loic Remy has scored eight goals in his last eight Premier League matches.
- Albion have drawn their last two games 2-2. The only team to draw three Barclays Premier League fixtures in a row 2-2 are Liverpool in Aug-Sept 2002.
Sunday 1 December
12pm Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United | #TOTMUN | Matchday Live >>
- Tottenham Hotspur have kept seven clean sheets this season, more than any other team in the Barclays Premier League.
- Ryan Giggs has scored more Barclays Premier League goals against Spurs than he has against any other opponent (10).
- Tottenham Hotspur have won just one of the last 24 Barclays Premier League matches against Manchester United (W1 D6 L17) and none of the last 12 at White Hart Lane (W0 D4 L8).
- Robin van Persie has scored six goals and assisted five more in his last eight Barclays Premier League starts against Spurs.
- Manchester United have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine Barclays Premier League away matches and have kept just one shut-out in their last eight overall in the competition.
- Excluding a penalty, Tottenham Hotspur have failed to score with any of their last 78 shots in the Barclays Premier League.
- Andre Villas-Boas' men have averaged 24 shots (inc. blocked) for every goal scored this season, a higher average than any other team.
2.05pm Hull City v Liverpool | #HULLIV | Matchday Live >>
- Hull City and Liverpool have met 16 times in all competitions and the Tigers have never won (W0 D4 L12).
- Liverpool inflicted Hull's biggest ever Barclays Premier League defeat when they beat them 6-1 in September 2009.
- Hull City have lost four of their last five Barclays Premier League fixtures (W1 D0 L4).
- Liverpool have kept just one clean sheet in their last nine Premier League matches; this after keeping six in their previous seven.
- Brendan Rodgers' side have lost just one of their last 10 Barclays Premier League away games (W5 D4 L1), but have won just one of the last five (W1 D3 L1).
- Luis Suarez has scored 10 goals in his last eight Premier League appearances for the Reds, while Daniel Sturridge has scored 15 goals in his last 17.
4.10pm Chelsea v Southampton | #CHESOU | Matchday Live >>
- Frank Lampard has scored four goals in his last five Barclays Premier League appearances against Southampton.
- Rickie Lambert scored in both Barclays Premier League appearances against Chelsea last season.
- This is Southampton's best ever start to a Barclays Premier League campaign, surpassing the 17 points they had earned after 12 games in 2003-04.
- Southampton have scored just five goals in their last nine Barclays Premier League away games, and not more than once in a single match in that run.
- Mauricio Pochettino's side have allowed their opponents fewer shots on target against them than any other team in the top division (35).
- Chelsea have scored eight goals in the final 15 minutes of matches, more than any other team in the top flight this season.
- Southampton have scored six headed goals in the Barclays Premier League, the joint-most in the top flight along with Liverpool.
4.10pm Manchester City v Swansea City | #MCISWA | Matchday Live >>
- Man City have won 14 and lost just one of their last 16 Barclays Premier League fixtures at home (D1 L1).
- Swansea have scored just one goal in four Barclays Premier League matches against Man City and none in their two meetings at the Etihad Stadium.
- Sergio Aguero has scored nine goals in his last seven Premier League appearances.
- Manchester City are the first side to score 26 goals in their opening six top-flight home matches of a season since Sunderland (26) in 1935-36.
- Man City have scored with 22% of their shots this season, the best conversion rate in the Premier League and also fired in the most shots on target (81).
- Man City mustered 15 shots on target in Swansea's first ever Barclays Premier League encounter in August 2011 which still remains the most shots on target the Swans have given up in a single match.