Gerrard celebrates his 22nd league goal in December, his most productive month
After a pulsating set of fixtures in Matchweek 13 and, with Matchweek 14 just around the corner, here are some cold,hard facts about the weekend's fixtures.
Whether it is Carlton's hex over Fulham or Steven Gerrard's goal rate in the final month of the year, get the knowledge from the facts below.
Saturday 30 November
Aston Villa 0-0 Sunderland | #AVLSUN | Matchday Live >>
- Christian Benteke has now gone seven Barclays Premier League matches without a goal; his longest drought in the English top flight.
- After a run of 16 consecutive home matches without a clean sheet, Aston Villa have kept two in a row at Villa Park.
- Sunderland have won just one and lost 11 of their last 14 Barclays Premier League away matches (D2).
- Sunderland have scored 16 goals in the last 22 league matches against Villa, but only more than once in a game on one occasion.
- Sunderland have gone five away matches without scoring in the Barclays Premier League for the first time since May 2009 (six games).
Cardiff City 0-3 Arsenal | #CARARS | Matchday Live >>
- Arsenal named an unchanged side for only the second time in the Barclays Premier League this season.
- Mesut Ozil has made six assists this season, the most in the top flight.
- Aaron Ramsey scored his first ever header in the Barclays Premier League. He has scored eight goals in 13 Barclays Premier League games overall this term.
- Ramsey’s opener was Arsenal’s fifth headed goal of the campaign from only their seventh header on target.
- Arsenal have only conceded three goals in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in the last 12 matches in all competitions against Cardiff City, winning seven and drawing five.
- The Gunners have lost one of their last 12 Barclays Premier League away matches (W10 D1).
- Cardiff City have won one of their last seven Barclays Premier League matches (W1 D2 L4)..
Everton 4-0 Stoke City | #EVESTK | Matchday Live >>
- Gerard Deulofeu scored his first Barclays Premier League goal for Everton. He ended the game with a goal and an assist.
- Gareth Barry has made more Barclays Premier League assists this season (three) than he did in 31 games for Manchester City last term. He made two in this match.
- Everton defenders have scored five Barclays Premier League goals this season; more than those of any other side.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored eight goals in nine league appearances for Everton this season.
- Stoke City have won one of their last 10 Barclays Premier League matches (D4 L5).
- Everton scored more goals in this game (four) than they had in their last five meetings with Stoke City in the Barclays Premier League combined (three).
- Everton have lost just one of their last 13 Barclays Premier League matches (W6 D6 L1) and lost just one of the last 30 at Goodison Park (W20 D9 L1).
- Everton scored four goals in a Barclays Premier League matches for the first time since April 2012 (4-0 v Fulham).
Norwich City 1-0 Crystal Palace | #NORCRY | Matchday Live >>
- Gary Hooper scored for the second consecutive league game at Carrow Road.
- Norwich ended a run of five league meetings without a win against Crystal Palace (D2 L3).
- Norwich City have won back-to-back Barclays Premier League home matches for the first time since December 15th 2012.
- Norwich have kept four clean sheets in their last eight Barclays Premier League home matches, only conceding seven times in this run.
West Ham United 3-0 Fulham | #WHUNOR | Matchday Live >>
- Mohamad Diame had fired in more shots without scoring than any other player going into this weekend’s games (27, including blocked).
- Carlton Cole has scored seven goals in his last nine Barclays Premier League matches against Fulham and there seven goals are at least three more than against any other side.
- Stewart Downing made his first assist of the season with the 24th chance he created.
- West Ham are unbeaten in their last nine Barclays Premier League matches against Fulham at the Boleyn Ground (W5 D4).
- Fulham have conceded 102 goals away from home in Barclays Premier League London derbies. Diame’s opener was the 100th the Whites had conceded in these matches.
- The Whites have only won six out of 57 Barclays Premier League London derbies away from home.
- The Hammers ended a run of five Barclays Premier League home matches without a win (D1 L4).
Newcastle United 2-1 West Bromwich Albion | #NEWWBA | Matchday Live >>
- All of Moussa Sissoko’s four Barclays Premier League goals have been scored at St James’ Park.
- Yoan Gouffran has scored in each of his last three Barclays Premier League appearances at St James’ Park.
- In 11 league appearances for the Magpies, Loic Remy has scored eight goals and assisted two.
- Chris Brunt’s goal was West Brom’s only shot on target in the match.
- Newcastle have won four consecutive Barclays Premier League matches for the first time since March-April 2012 (when they won six in a row).
- West Brom have won just one of their last nine Barclays Premier League away matches (W1 D4 L4).
- In the last nine Barclays Premier League meetings between Newcastle and West Brom, neither side has kept a clean sheet.
Sunday 1 December
Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Manchester United | #TOTMUN | Matchday Live >>
- Tottenham Hotspur have won one of the last 25 Barclays Premier League matches against Manchester United (W1 D7 L17) and none of the last 13 at White Hart Lane (W0 D5 L8).
- Wayne Rooney has now scored 149 Barclays Premier League goals for Man Utd. Only Thierry Henry has scored more (175) for a single club (Arsenal).
- Manchester United have conceded 20 goals in their last 10 Barclays Premier League away matches, failing to keep a clean sheet in any of them.
- Rooney has scored nine Barclays Premier League goals against Spurs, including seven in his last six Barclays Premier League starts versus them.
- Rooney has been directly involved in 59% of Manchester United’s Barclays Premier League goals this season, scoring eight and assisting five; more than any other United player.
- Rooney has netted five Barclays Premier League away goals this term, equalling his total for the entire 2012/13 campaign.
- All three of Sandro’s Barclays Premier League goals have been scored in London, with just one (against Man Utd) arriving at White Hart Lane..
- Kyle Walker scored his first Barclays Premier League goal since April 2012 (v Blackburn).
Hull City 3-1 Liverpool | #HULLIV | Matchday Live >>
- Liverpool have kept one clean sheet in their last 10 Barclays Premier League matches; this after keeping six in their previous seven.
- In their 17th encounter with them (in all competitions), Hull City have recorded a first win against Liverpool.
- This is only the third time in Barclays Premier League history that Liverpool have conceded three or more goals in consecutive matches (also did so in 1992 and 1998).
- Hull scored more than one goal in a Barclays Premier League fixture for the second time this season.
- Steven Gerrard has now scored 22 Barclays Premier League goals in December, six more than in any other month.
- Gerrard has scored four goals in four Barclays Premier League appearances against Hull City.
- After winning five of their opening seven Barclays Premier League matches, Liverpool have won only two of their last six (W2 D2 L2)
- Liverpool and Hull have both conceded 16 goals in the Barclays Premier League this season.
Chelsea 3-1 Southampton | #CHESOU | Matchday Live >>
- Jay Rodriguez became the third player this season in the Barclays Premier League to score after 13 seconds (Asmir Begovic for Stoke and Jesus Navas for Man City).
- Two of the three opening minute goals Chelsea have conceded at Stamford Bridge in the Barclays Premier League era have been scored by Southampton.
- Rodriguez’s goal after 13 seconds was Southampton’s only shot on target of the game.
- Chelsea have now won eight points from losing positions in the Barclays Premier League this season, more than any other side.
- In his 400th Barclays Premier League appearance, John Terry scored his 34th goal. Excluding penalties, he is the top-scoring defender in Barclays Premier League history.
- Chelsea trailed for the third time in four Barclays Premier League home matches.
- Jose Mourinho remains unbeaten at home in the Barclays Premier League (W52 D15).
- This match had the seventh lowest pass completion rate of the season (from 130 Barclays Premier League matches) – 73.5%.
Manchester City 3-0 Swansea City | #MCISWA | Matchday Live >>
- Manchester City have won 15 and lost just one of their last 17 Barclays Premier League matches at home (D1 L1).
- City have scored 29 goals in seven home matches this season, this is more than any other Barclays Premier League side has managed in total.
- Samir Nasri scored more than once in a Barclays Premier League match for the first time since 4 December 2010 (for Arsenal v Fulham).
- Despite scoring 10 goals more than any other Barclays Premier League side this season, City have won consecutive Barclays Premier League matches for only the second time.
- Sergio Aguero failed to score for only the second time in his last 10 appearances for City.
- Swansea have failed to score in three of their last four Barclays Premier League away matches.