Lambert maintained his perfect record from the spot for Southampton
After an exciting set of Saturday matches on Matchweek 11 in the Barclays Premier League, it's time for some cold, hard facts. Whether it is Ravel Morrison's shooting efficiency or Rickie Lambert's clinical penalty-taking, interesting facts aplenty have arisen.
Aston Villa 2-0 Cardiff City | #AVLCAR | Matchday Live >>
- Aston Villa's first goal ended a run of 451 minutes without a top-flight strike.
- Villa opened the scoring for only the second time this season.
- Cardiff only conceded three fouls in this game.
- Villa scored their second direct free-kick goal of the season, only the two Manchester sides have scored more.
- Cardiff are yet to keep a clean sheet away from home in the Barclays Premier League.
Chelsea 2-2 West Bromwich Albion | #CHEWBA | Matchday Live >>
- Chelsea have won only one of their last four Barclays Premier League games against West Brom.
- Jose Mourinho is still unbeaten at home in the Barclays Premier League (W51 D15)
- Chelsea have conceded in three successive Barclays Premier League home games under Jose Mourinho for the first time since October 2005.
- Other than Hazard's late penalty, Chelsea did not have a shot on target after the 77th minute. These were their only two shots on target in the second half.
- West Brom had three shots on target after the break.
- Eden Hazard created three chances and had four shots.
Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton | #CRYEVE | Matchday Live >>
- Everton have gone 330 mins without conceding a goal in the Barclays Premier League.
- Everton have only won two of their last 21 Barclays Premier League trips to London.
- Everton have drawn consecutive Barclays Premier League games 0-0 for the second time this season.
- Everton's possession figure of 72.5% is the highest recorded in a Barclays Premier League game this season.
- Palace recorded their first clean sheet of the season – only Sunderland are without one now.
- Leighton Baines created three goalscoring chances, more than any other player in this game.
Liverpool 4-0 Fulham | #LIVFUL | Matchday Live >>
- Liverpool have only conceded three goals in 13 Barclays Premier League home matches against Fulham.
- Luis Suarez has eight goals in six Barclays Premier League appearances this season.
- Suarez has scored seven and assisted one in his last four Barclays Premier League matches at Anfield.
- This is the 54th time Liverpool have scored 4+ goals in a Barclays Premier League home match, only Man Utd (74), Chelsea (63) & Arsenal (62) have more.
- Liverpool have scored 15 first-half goals this season, more than any other side.
- The Reds have scored eight first half goals in their last three Barclays Premier League home matches.
- Liverpool's total of 32 shots vs Fulham today (including blocked) is the most recorded by a team in a Barclays Premier League match this season.
- Luis Suarez had 10 shots in this match, the first time anyone has recorded double figures in a match this season.
Southampton v Hull City | #SOUHUL | Matchday Live >>
- Southampton have won five of their last six Barclays Premier League matches against Hull City.
- Rickie Lambert has eight Barclays Premier League assists since the start of last season.
- Lambert has now scored all 33 of his penalties for Southampton (all competitions).
- Southampton are unbeaten in their last eight matches; only Arsenal are on a longer run this season (nine).
- Steve Bruce has only tasted victory once in 10 Barclays Premier League trips to the Solent (Portsmouth & Southampton combined).
- Southampton have made their best start to a top-flight season after 11 matches (2pts ahead of 1983-84 when they finished second).
- Southampton have 17 points more than they did at this point last season.
- This was the first Southampton Barclays Premier League match to have more than three goals since March 16, 20 games ago.
- Hull conceded more goals in this matchthan they had in their previous five Barclays Premier League matches.
Norwich City 3-1 West Ham United | #NORWHU | Matchday Live >>
- Norwich have lost only one of their seven Barclays Premier League matches versus West Ham (W2 D4)
- The Hammers have won only one of their last 10 Barclays Premier League matches.
- Ravel Morrison has scored with all three of his shots on target in the Barclays Premier League.
- Morrison's goal was West Ham's first in the Barclays Premier League outside London since April 27.
- Gary Hooper's opener was only the second West Ham had conceded in their last six Barclays Premier League away matches.
- Norwich have scored five times from direct free-kicks since the start of last season, a total only Man City can match.
- In their last home match Norwich had 31 shots and did not score, in this match they had 14 and scored three times.
- Norwich scored more than once for the first time since the opening day of the season (2-2 v Everton).
- Norwich scored three times in a Barclays Premier League game for the first time since winning 3-2 at Man City on the last day of 2012-13.
- Norwich scored as many goals today as they had in their previous seven Barclays Premier League games.
Sunday 11 November
Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Newcastle United | #TOTNEW | Matchday Live >>
- Loic Remy has scored seven goals in his last seven Barclays Premier League appearances.
- Loic Remy has scored 47% of Newcastle's Barclays Premier League goals this season; the highest proportion of any player in the top-flight.
- Remy’s opener ended a run of 294 minutes of Barclays Premier League football without conceding for Tottenham Hotspur.
- Tim Krul made 14 saves in this game, the most by any goalkeeper since 2006/07.
- Spurs’ tally of 14 shots on target without a goal was the most by any side since 2006/07.
- Newcastle have won seven away games at White Hart Lane in the Barclays Premier League, they have only won more at Villa Park (8).
- Spurs have scored only 34 goals in 25 Barclays Premier League home matches under Andre Villas-Boas.
- Newcastle won an away league match in which they kept a clean sheet for the first time since May 2012, when they won 2-0 at Chelsea.
- Spurs have only scored five goals in six home league matches this season.
Sunderland 1-0 Manchester City | #SUNMCI | Matchday Live >>
- Sunderland have won each of their last four Barclays Premier League home matches against Manchester City by 1-0.
- This is only the fourth time in Barclays Premier League history that an exact fixture (home and away team the same each time) has finished with the same scoreline on four consecutive occasions.
- Manchester City have won just two of their last nine Barclays Premier League matches away from home (D2 L5).
- Four of Phil Bardsley’s six Barclays Premier League goals have come at the Stadium of Light.
- Wes Brown’s assist was his first since Boxing Day 2007, which came for Manchester United against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.
- Sunderland were the last Barclays Premier League team to record a clean sheet this season.
- Sergio Agüero failed to score for the first time in six Barclays Premier League appearances.
- Manchester City didn’t find the net for the first time in seven Barclays Premier League matches, last drawing a blank against Stoke.
- Yaya Toure failed to register an attempt on goal for the first time in seven Barclays Premier League appearances.
Manchester United 1-0 Arsenal | #MUNARS | Matchday Live >>
- Robin van Persie has scored in the last five Barclays Premier League encounters between these two sides (twice for Arsenal and three times for United). He has also scored in each of his last four league appearances.
- Ryan Giggs made his 50th appearance against Arsenal in all competitions; 36 in the Barclays Premier League, six in the FA Cup, four in Community Shield, two in the Champions League and two in the old First Division.
- Arsenal have failed to score in the Barclays Premier League for the first time this season.
- The last team to stop Arsenal from scoring in a league match was David Moyes’ Everton on 16 April; 16 matches ago.
- Manchester United have lost only one of their last 10 encounters with Arsenal in the Barclays Premier League (W7 D2).
- Just four of the 15 attempted shots in this match were on target; 26.7%.
- Arsenal have won only two of their last 17 Barclays Premier League matches played in the late slot on Sundays (excludes final day games).
Swansea City 3-3 Stoke City | #SWASTK | Matchday Live >>-
- Jonathan Walters started his 100th consecutive Barclays Premier League match, the longest current run in the top-flight. He marked it with a goal after just eight minutes.
- Walters’ opener was the first that Swansea had conceded in 216 minutes of league football on home soil.
- Stephen Ireland scored his first Barclays Premier League goal since December 2011, when he scored for Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge (680 days ago).
- All four of Wilfried Bony's Premier League goals for Swansea City have been scored at the Liberty Stadium.
- Stoke have not won any of their last eight Barclays Premier League matches; the joint-longest winless run in the Barclays Premier League with Crystal Palace.
- The Potters scored three away goals in a single game for only the second time in the Barclays Premier League; the first was in November 2010 in a 3-0 win over West Bromwich Albion.
- Charlie Adam’s penalty was the latest goal scored in the Barclays Premier League this season (95min 20sec).