Wayne Rooney is looking for his eighth goal in as many matches v West Ham
Ahead of another fascinating weekend of Barclays Premier League action, we dug out some more facts and stats you might like to know for each match. Did you know that Arsenal have the best record of any Barclays Premier League team at Stamford Bridge, but that Arsene Wenger has yet to beat a Jose Mourinho Chelsea team, that Tottenham Hotspur have just two points fewer than their best-ever total after 30 matches, that Newcastle United have netted just once in their last five matches at St James Park or that Kevin Nolan has scored five Barclays Premier League matches in his last six appearances? For more vital statistics read on...
Remember you can access live.premierleague.com to follow the Barclays Premier League action from Saturday morning.
The Carlsberg Live Match Centre brings you live updates from our team of expert bloggers, match facts and stats, manager press conference videos, live action images, line-ups and formations, as well as the latest Fantasy Premier League points for your team.
Saturday 22 March
3pm unless otherwise stated
12.45pm Chelsea v Arsenal | #CHEARS | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Jose Mourinho has never lost against Arsene Wenger as an opposition manager (W5 D5 L0).
- Arsenal have won away at Stamford Bridge more often than any other visiting side in the Barclays Premier League (seven).
- This will be Arsene Wenger's 1,000th competitive match as manager of Arsenal – his record in so far is W572 D235 L192.
- The last five Barclays Premier League wins Arsenal have enjoyed at Stamford Bridge have all been when the Gunners came from behind.
- Arsenal have won none of their last 11 Barclays Premier League meetings against Chelsea, Man Utd or Man City (W0 D5 L6).
- This is Chelsea’s lowest points haul after 30 matches of a Barclays Premier League campaign with Jose Mourinho at the helm (66), but their fifth best in BPL history.
- Chelsea have the best home record in the top flight with 41 points and are the only team not to suffer a home defeat in the Barclays Premier League this season.
- Arsenal have the best away record with 29 points on the road, which is level with Spurs, but they have a better goal difference of +6.
Cardiff City v Liverpool | #CARLIV | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Cardiff City have won their last five home league matches against Liverpool, but the last of these was in August 1959.
- Luis Suarez has become only the second player to score 25 Barclays Premier League goals for Liverpool in a single season (Robbie Fowler twice).
- 30% of Cardiff's goals have come from headers, the highest proportion of any team in the top division, while Liverpool (11) have scored the most in total.
- Liverpool have conceded the highest proportion of headed goals (23%), while Cardiff have also conceded the joint-most headed goals in the Barclays Premier League this season (10).
- Brendan Rodgers' side have scored more goals before the 25th minute of Barclays Premier League matches this season (24) than Cardiff City have in total (23).
- Cardiff have scored the highest percentage of goals in the second half (74%), while Liverpool have scored the highest proportion in the first half (63%).
- Liverpool have won the most penalties in the Barclays Premier League this season (10) and Steven Gerrard has scored four spot-kicks in his last four BPL appearances.
- The Reds have kept consecutive clean sheets in the Barclays Premier League for the first time since September, but no one has stopped them scoring since Arsenal in early November.
- Liverpool have accrued 62 points from their 29 matches which is more than in any of their previous Barclays Premier League seasons at this stage.
Everton v Swansea City | #EVESWA | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Everton have never lost in any competition to Swansea (W14 D5 L0) and have beaten them twice this season, once in the Barclays Premier League and once in the FA Cup.
- No Swansea player has scored in their five Barclays Premier League meetings with Everton, with their only goal being a Bryan Oviedo own goal.
- Everton manager Roberto Martinez started his managerial career at Swansea City winning 50% of his 126 games in charge.
- 35% of Everton’s goals have come in the final 15 minutes of matches this season, the highest proportion in the BPL this season.
- Swansea have won just two of their last 15 Barclays Premier League matches (W2 D5 L8).
- Everton have lost just one of their last 23 Barclays Premier League fixtures at Goodison Park (W17 D5 L1).
- Swansea have won just one of their last 11 Barclays Premier League away matches (W1 D3 L7) and none of the last eight (D3 L5).
- Everton have scored five goals from direct free-kicks this season, the joint most along with Manchester City.
- 79% of Swansea's goal attempts have been from open play, the highest proportion in the Barclays Premier League.
Hull City v West Bromwich Albion | #HULWBA | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- None of the last six league meetings between Hull City and West Bromwich Albion have ended as a home win, the last two being draws and the previous four away wins.
- West Brom have won three and drawn one of their last four away meetings with the Tigers.
- Just 10% of Hull's goals have been scored in the final 15 minutes of matches this season, the lowest proportion in the top flight.
- West Brom have had 16 different scorers this season in the Barclays Premier League, the joint most along with Arsenal.
- Hull's top scorers in the Barclays Premier League this season have three goals apiece (Nikica Jelavic, Robbie Brady and Jake Livermore).
- The Baggies ended a run of 10 away matches (D4 L6) without a win last time out with victory over Swansea.
- Hull have won none of their last five Barclays Premier League home matches (W0 D1 L4) and have scored just two goals in that run.
- Nikica Jelavic has attempted the most shots on target (15) and overall (34) for Hull City in the Barclays Premier League this season, after only eight matches for the Tigers.
- Hull City have had more opponents (six) sent off than any other team in the Barclays Premier League this season.
- Four of the last six Barclays Premier League goals scored by West Brom have been netted by substitutes.
Manchester City v Fulham | #MCIFUL | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Manchester City have won seven and lost none of the last 10 matches with Fulham in all competitions.
- Fulham have managed just one clean sheet in their 23 Barclays Premier League games against City and none in the last 19 meetings.
- City have won each of the last 21 competitive matches in which David Silva has found the net.
- Fulham had one point fewer in 2007-08 (23) than they have now (24) and avoided relegation, partly due to a 3-2 win away at City in which current England boss Roy Hodgson triumphed over former England coach Sven Goran Eriksson.
- City have only once had more points after 27 Barclays Premier League matches than their current haul of 60 and that was 66 in 2011-12 when they won the title.
- City have the best chance conversion in the Barclays Premier League, scoring with 19.2% of their shots at goal.
- City have won 12 of their last 13 Barclays Premier League home matches, the one loss coming to Fulham’s west London neighbours Chelsea.
- Fulham have won one of their last 11 Barclays Premier League away matches (W1 D2 L8).
- Fulham have scored nine goals from corners this season, more than any other team in the top flight.
Newcastle United v Crystal Palace | #NEWCRY | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Newcastle United have failed to score in eight of their last 11 Barclays Premier League matches and have netted just one goal in total in their last five at St James Park.
- Crystal Palace have failed to score in their last six meetings with Newcastle in all competitions.
- The Eagles have scored the highest proportion of goals in the opening 15 minutes of any team in the top flight this season (21%).
- Palace have scored with just 8% of their shots at goal this season, the lowest proportion in the Barclays Premier League.
- Mile Jedinak has made more interceptions than any other player in the Barclays Premier League this season (100).
- Crystal Palace have won just one of their last eight Premier League away matches (W1 D2 L5), but have drawn the last two.
- The Londoners have netted just six goals in their last 14 Barclays Premier League away matches, with just one in the last five.
- Palace have conceded the joint-most penalties in the Barclays Premier League this season (six along with Everton).
- Only Hull (six) have had more opponents sent off than Palace (five) this season, while only Sunderland (six) and West Ham United (five) have earned more dismissals than Newcastle (four).
Norwich City v Sunderland | #NORSUN | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- There have been just five goals scored in the last six Barclays Premier League matches played at Carrow Road, three for the Canaries and two against.
- Craig Gardner scored in both Barclays Premier League meetings with Norwich City last season.
- None of the last 12 league meetings between Norwich and Sunderland has ended as an away win (nine home wins and three draws).
- The Black Cats have recovered just two points from losing positions this season, the joint-fewest in the top flight.
- Norwich are unbeaten in their last five Barclays Premier League home matches (W2 D3).
- Defeat at Arsenal last time out ended a run of six without defeat on the road for the Black Cats in the Barclays Premier League (D3 W3).
- Vito Mannone has averaged 4.7 saves a match this season, more than any other goalkeeper in the Barclays Premier League.
- Sunderland have been given the most red cards in this season’s Barclays Premier League (six).
- Norwich City’s four strikers (Gary Hooper, Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, Johan Elmander & Luciano Becchio) have attempted just 28 shots on target in a combined 3,966 minutes on the pitch in the Barclays Premier League this season – one every 147 mins on average.
5.30pm West Ham United v Manchester United | #WHUMUN | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- West Ham United have failed to score in six of their last nine Barclays Premier League matches against Manchester United.
- Manchester United have lost none of the last 10 top-flight matches against West Ham, winning nine.
- Wayne Rooney has scored seven goals and assisted three more in his last seven Barclays Premier League appearances against the Hammers.
- West Ham have dropped more points (17) and lost more matches (five) from winning positions than any other team in the Barclays Premier League this season.
- West Ham's Kevin Nolan has scored five goals in his last six Barclays Premier League matches.
- Forty-eight points after 29 matches is Man United's lowest haul of points in a Barclays Premier League season, six points fewer than their previous lowest in 1992-93.
- West Ham have averaged the fewest shots on target per match this season, averaging just 3.2 per match.
- The Hammers also have the lowest shooting accuracy; hitting the target with just 38% of their attempts.
- The reigning champions have kept three clean sheets in a row away from home in the Barclays Premier League.
- The Hammers have not won four Barclays Premier League home matches in a row since May 2002, when they beat Sam Allardyce's Bolton Wanderers in the last match of that run.
Sunday 23 March
1.30pm Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton | #TOTSOU | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Tottenham Hotspur have won four of the last five Barclays Premier League meetings with Southampton, including the last three in a row.
- Southampton have won three of their last four Barclays Premier League away matches, keeping clean sheets in all those victories.
- The last four Barclays Premier League meetings between Spurs and Saints have been decided by a one-goal margin, the last three in Spurs' favour.
- Spurs have conceded fewer headed goals than any other team in the Barclays Premier League (one).
- Spurs have failed to score in three of their last four Barclays Premier League matches and netted just one in the other match.
- This is Spurs' fourth-highest points haul after 30 matches of a Barclays Premier League season (53), just two points short of their best (55) and one point fewer than at this stage last term (54).
- Forty-five points is Southampton's best total after 30 matches of a Barclays Premier League season, while they have also scored more goals than ever before at this stage (43).
- Spurs have kept four clean sheets in their last six Barclays Premier League home matches with only Man City and Arsenal breaching their defences in that run.
4pm Aston Villa v Stoke City | #AVLSTK | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Aston Villa have won only one of their last eight Barclays Premier League fixtures against Stoke City, but five of the matches in that run have been drawn.
- Stoke have scored fewer headed goals than any other team in the top flight (two).
- Aston Villa have conceded the most in total (eight) and the highest proportion (21%) of goals in the opening 15 minutes of Barclays Premier League matches this season.
- Stoke have lost just one of their last seven Barclays Premier League matches (W3 D3 L1) and that was away at Manchester City.
- Stoke have won none of their last 13 Barclays Premier League away matches (W0 D4 L9) and have failed to score in six of their last nine on the road.
- Stoke have won 61% of their aerial duels this season, a higher proportion than any other team in the top division.
- Only Stoke (398) have committed more fouls than Villa (379) in the Barclays Premier League this season.
- Stoke have completed more passes this season (8,674) than in any of their previous five Barclays Premier League campaigns, with eight fixtures still remaining.