Saturday 01 June 2013
To celebrate the Premier League reaching 2 million followers on Twitter (@premierleague), we are giving you the chance to win a Nike Incyte football, the Official Matchball of the Barclays Premier League. The competition question has already been tweeted via @premierleague, while the Terms & Conditions of entry are outlined below. Go to https://twitter.com/premierleague for more information.
By participating in the “#PL2Million” competition (the “Competition”), you hereby agree to be bound and abide by the following terms and conditions.
1. Participation in the Competition can only take place online using a registered Twitter account. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted. When you participate in the Competition, you will become known as a 'Participant' in the terms below.
2. Entry into the Competition is open to both UK and non-UK residents. Employees of the Football Association Premier League Limited ("the Premier League") and anyone professionally connected or associated with the Competition (and any of their immediate families) are ineligible to win the prize awarded in respect of the Competition ("Prize"), and if such a person would otherwise win the Prize, they shall be awarded to an alternative Participant in accordance with the terms below.
3. You do not need to be 18 or over to participate in the Competition, but please see terms 19 - 21 if you are less than 18 years of age, as these are extra terms that will apply to you when entering the Competition.
4. No purchase of any item or service is necessary, nor payment required from you, in order to enter the Competition. The sole consideration required from you is that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Entries must not be submitted by agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted by the Premier League for entries that are lost, delayed, incomplete, damaged or corrupted for any reason. Any such entries will be deemed void (concerning which the decision of The Premier League shall be final).
6. Entries are limited to one per Participant. No Participant shall undermine the Competition in any way (including the use of multiple Twitter accounts), and all such entries will be void.
7. Entries must be submitted within 45 minutes of the Competition question being posted on the Premier League’s official Twitter account (@premierleague) (the "Competition Window"). Any entries received after the Competition Window has expired will not be eligible to receive the Prize.
9. Unsuccessful Participants shall not receive any notification of such.
Prizes and Winner's Details:
10. The Prize will be awarded to a Participant who correctly tweets the answer to the Competition question posed on the Premier League's official Twitter account (@premierleague) (the "Winner") within the Competition Window. The tweet must also contain the hashtag "#PL2Million".
11. Only original tweets shall be valid for entry into the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, "re-tweets" of other Participants’ tweets will not be deemed a valid entry.
12. The Prize shall be a Nike Incyte Barclays Premier League Official Matchball.
13. The items making up the Prize are subject to availability and the Premier League reserves the rights to later amend such items where circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so.
14. The Prize is not transferable and is non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances.
15. The Winner shall be selected at random, from each of the entries which satisfy the above criteria.
16. The Winner will be followed on Twitter by the Premier League's official Twitter account (and may be required to accept such request by the Premier League in order for it to do so) in order that they may be notified of their success by direct message via Twitter as soon as reasonably practicable following the expiration of the Competition Window. Following such notification the Winner must confirm their personal and contact details prior to the Prize being delivered.
17. In the event that the Winner fails to respond within 10 days of such notification being sent, the Premier League reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from the original Winner and a replacement Winner shall be selected instead, in accordance with term 15 above.
18. Subject always to terms 19-21 below, Participants' names and addresses and the Winner's photographic images and their comments relating to the Prize may be used without limitation for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Premier League in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid.
Applicants Under 18 Years of Age:
19. If you are under 18 years of age, then you are welcome to enter the Competition, but you should carefully read these terms and ensure that your parent or responsible guardian also does, before submitting your entry.
20. You will only be eligible to win the Prize if we receive a note of written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that:
a. They were happy for you to participate in the Competition; and
b. They are happy for you to receive the Prize.
21. If you do win the Competition, and if the Premier League wishes to use your comments, details, or photographs of you, then it will always seek the written consent of your parent or guardian before doing so.
Responsibility and Remedies:
22. The extent of The Premier League's responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
a. The Competition is provided to you free of charge;
b. You are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of the Competition and the information therein; and
c. You are responsible for ensuring that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
23. While the Premier League will endeavour to ensure that the Competition is available to you at all times, it cannot make any legal commitment to you that this will be the case. However, the Premier League will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
24. The Premier League cannot accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your entry to the Competition:
a. Loss which was not foreseeable to you and the Premier League when you first entered into the Competition (even if that loss results from the Premier League’s failure to comply with these terms or its negligence);
b. Any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits, or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of the Premier League’s default);
c. Loss which you suffer other than as a result of the Premier League’s failure to comply with these terms and the Premier League’s negligence or breach of statutory duty;
d. Any loss which you may suffer as a result of or in connection with or arising out of the Prize.
25. Nothing in these terms will limit the Premier League's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or if the Premier League deliberately lied to you before you entered.
26. The Premier League reserves the right to disqualify applicants from the Competition should their twitter account contain any images, video, or comments which the Premier League, in its reasonable opinion deems offensive or inappropriate.
27. In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions, The Premier League reserves the right to:
a. Refuse entry into the Competition; or
b. Disqualify you from the Competition.
28. If you are barred or disqualified from entry, you shall not be eligible to participate in the Competition under any other identity. Any such decision by the Premier League shall be final.
29. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
30. The Premier League reserves the right to cancel the Competition and/or to amend or supplement these terms and conditions at any stage without notice in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
31. The Premier League's decision on all matters relating to the Competition (including the award of the Prize) is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: The Football Association Premier League Limited, Company Number: 02719699, 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL