Aston Villa's Christian Benteke, left, scored his first league goal in 11 matches
Another busy weekend of action in the Barclays Premier League produced a series of stand-out statistics, including a record for Petr Cech, a double-century for Fernando Torres, a return to form for Andy Carroll and six out of six for Danny Welbeck. For all these stats and more read on.
Monday 13 January
Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal | #AVLARS | Matchday Live >>
- Arsenal’s first and second goals in this game came within 59 seconds of each other, the shortest gap between two goals in a single Barclays Premier League match this season.
- Jack Wilshere scored Arsenal’s first goal and assisted the second, only the second time that he has scored and assisted in the same Barclays Premier League match.
- Wilshere’s goal was his fifth in the Barclays Premier League and Aston Villa became the first team to concede more than one goal to the England midfielder (two).
- No side have conceded the first goal in a Barclays Premier League home match more often than Aston Villa this season (eight games – W1 L7).
- Arsenal have won more points away from home than any other team this season (25).
- Christian Benteke scored his first Barclays Premier League goal for Aston Villa in 14 hours and 45 minutes, ending an 11-game scoreless run in the competition.
- Arsenal have had three substitutes subbed off in Barclays Premier League matches this season (Serge Gnabry v Crystal Palace, Nicklas Bendtner v Cardiff City & Tomas Rosicky v Aston Villa) – no other side has done this once in 2013/14.
Sunday 12 January
Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester City | #NEWMCI | Matchday Live >>
- Manchester City are the first Barclays Premier League team this season to win six matches in a row.
- Manchester City have taken 28 points from their last 10 games, with the draw against Southampton in December the only blemish.
- The Citizens have scored at least twice in each of their last 12 league meetings with Newcastle (32 in total, 2.7 per game).
- 22 of Edin Dzeko's 35 Barclays Premier League goals have come away from home (63%).
- Aleksandar Kolarov (four) and Pablo Zabaleta (five) have provided more Premier League assists than any other defenders this season.
- Alvaro Negredo has now scored five goals in his last three appearances for Manchester City.
- Newcastle have gone 280 minutes without a Barclays Premier League goal, their longest run of the season.
Stoke City 3-5 Liverpool | #STKLIV | Matchday Live >>
- This was Liverpool's first win at Stoke City in the Barclays Premier League in their sixth visit there.
- Liverpool have scored 51 goals in the Barclays Premier League this season, already four more than they managed in 2011-12.
- Liverpool have 17 goals more than they did after 21 games last season (34).
- Liverpool have scored four or more goals in six Premier League matches this season, a total only Manchester City can match.
- Luis Suarez has scored 22 goals in 16 Premier League appearances this season.
- Suarez reaches 22 goals on 12 January. He was the first player to reach 22 last season but this didn't happen until March 10.
- Suarez has scored multiple goals in eight games already this season.
- Daniel Sturridge has 10 goals and three assists in 13 Premier League appearances this season.
- Liverpool have mustered 12 goals in their last four Premier League away fixtures.
- Peter Crouch's goal was Stoke's first headed goal of the season in the Premier League. Only West Ham remain without one.
- Jonathan Walters' last three Premier League home goals have come against Liverpool.
- Today was the first time Stoke had conceded 5+ goals in a top-flight home match since losing 5-1 to Liverpool in March 1982.
Saturday 11 January
Hull City 0-2 Chelsea | #HULCHE | Matchday Live >>
- Eden Hazard scored his ninth Barclays Premier League goal of the campaign, equalling his total for the 2012/13 campaign. He has scored five and assisted three in his last eight Barclays Premier League appearances.
- Fernando Torres marked his 200th Barclays Premier League appearance with Chelsea’s second goal. He has scored in back-to-back Barclays Premier League matches for the first time since December 2012.
- Chelsea have scored 12 goals in the final 15 minutes of matches this season; at present, no side has scored more.
- They have also managed five clean sheets in their last six matches in all competitions, and four in five in the Premier League.
- Jose Mourinho’s side became only the second team to score more than once as an away team at the KC Stadium this term (after Man Utd).
- Petr Cech collected his 150th Barclays Premier League clean sheet and his 209th overall for Chelsea, overtaking Peter Bonetti’s club record.
- Chelsea have kept three clean sheets in a row away from home for the first time since December 2008 (part of a seven-match run of clean sheets).
- Steve Bruce has won just one of his previous 19 matches with Chelsea in the Premier League as a manager (D5 L13).
- Chelsea have won four and lost none of their six Barclays Premier League meetings with Hull City (D2).
Cardiff City 0-2 West Ham United | #CARWHU | Matchday Live >>
- Carlton Cole has scored three times in his last five Barclays Premier League appearances.
- Two of Matthew Jarvis’ three assists in the league this season have come against Cardiff City.
- Cardiff have only won one of their last 11 home meetings with West Ham in all competitions (D3 L7).
- West Ham have won their last six meetings with Cardiff City in all competitions, keeping five clean sheets in the process.
- The Hammers ended a five-match losing run away from home in the Barclays Premier League.
- Andy Carroll has scored four goals and assisted five in his last nine Barclays Premier League appearances.
- Mark Noble’s last Barclays Premier League goal that wasn’t a penalty came in October 2012. He has notched four from the spot in that time.
Everton 2-0 Norwich City | #EVENOR | Matchday Live >>
- Gareth Barry has become the 81st player to reach 50 goals in the Barclays Premier League. He has reached the landmark in 513 appearances, the highest number of matches.
- Romelu Lukaku has matched his total of four assists from last season after laying on Gareth Barry's opener.
- All three of Kevin Mirallas's goals this season have come at Goodison Park.
- Everton have won for the first time in six Barclays Premier League meetings with Norwich (D4 L1).
- Chris Hughton has lost to Everton for the first time in the Barclays Premier League (W2 D3).
- The Canaries have lost five of their last eight away from home in the league (W1 D2).
Fulham 1-4 Sunderland | #FULSUN | Matchday Live >>
- Sunderland scored twice in the first-half for the first time in 36 Barclays Premier League matches (3-1 v Wigan Athletic in January 2013).
- Fulham’s opener was their seventh goal from a corner in the Barclays Premier League; a joint-high with Manchester City.
- Adam Johnson scored his first ever Barclays Premier League hat-trick.
- Johnson became the first Sunderland player to bag a hat-trick since Darren Bent against Bolton Wanderers in March 2010.
- The Black Cats are unbeaten in five league matches away from home (W2 D3).
- Sunderland scored four goals away from home for the first time since January 2012 (4-1 v Wigan).
- Fulham have conceded at least five more home goals than any other Barclays Premier League side this season (22).
Southampton 1-0 West Bromwich Albion | #SOUWBA | Matchday Live >>
- Southampton's Adam Lallana scored his first ever professional goal against West Bromwich Albion in the Championship in April 2008 and netted again today. He has scored twice and assisted three others in his last five Barclays Premier League appearances.
- Saints have kept their first clean sheet in six home league matches.
- Three of Gaston Ramirez's four assists in the Barclays Premier League have come at St Mary's Stadium. The Uruguayan has been involved in 10 league goals for Southampton, with seven of those coming at home.
- Southampton have won both of their matches with West Brom this season by 1-0.
Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Crystal Palace | #TOTCRY | Matchday Live >>
- Jason Puncheon was the first player to put a penalty off target in the Barclays Premier League this season.
- This was the third consecutive Barclays Premier League match between Spurs and Palace that has contained a penalty (2 scored, 1 missed).
- Jermain Defoe scored his first Barclays Premier League goal of the season; he has now scored in each of the last 13 Barclays Premier League campaigns.
- Jermain Defoe has scored more goals as a Barclays Premier League substitute than any other player (22).
- Aaron Lennon made his 41st Barclays Premier League assist for Tottenham; only Darren Anderton (67) and Teddy Sheringham (44) have made more for the North London side.
- Tottenham became the first team in Barclays Premier League history to play 200 London derbies, collecting their 63rd win in the process.
- Crystal Palace tasted defeat at White Hart Lane for the first time in the Barclays Premier League era (D3 W1).
Manchester United 2-0 Swansea City | #MUNSWA | Matchday Live >>
- Danny Welbeck has scored six goals in his last six Barclays Premier League appearances.
- Welbeck has scored three goals against Swansea in the Barclays Premier League, making them his joint favourite opponents (with Everton and Aston Villa).
- Antonio Valencia has scored a home league goal for Manchester United for the first time since Boxing Day 2011, 747 days ago.
- Valencia is yet to lose when he has scored for an English club in the Barclays Premier League (W18 D1).
- Man Utd have kept just two clean sheets in their last nine hone league matches.
- The Red Devils have won five and lost none of their six previous Barclays Premier League meetings with Swansea City (D1).
- Swansea City have only won one of their last eight Barclays Premier League away matches (D2 L5).
- Nemanja Vidic marked his 200th Barclays Premier League appearances with his 92nd clean sheet.
- United finished with just 38.6% possession; their lowest figure in the Barclays Premier League since the beginning of 2006/07 (39.4% v Arsenal in May 2009 was previous lowest).