Benteke has scored in three of his last four Barclays Premier League outings for Aston Villa
Matchweek 25 is upon us this weekend with Arsenal looking to maintain an impressive recent record at Anfield, Christian Benteke striving to continue his goalscoring form against West Ham United and Newcastle eyeing a fourth win in five Barclays Premier League matches against Chelsea. For all the vital stats and facts read on.
And don't forget, this weekend you will also be able to enjoy and contribute your comments to our Carlsberg Live Match Centre which can be accessed by going to http://live.premierleague.com.
Saturday 8 February
12.45pm Liverpool v Arsenal | #LIVARS | Matchday Live >>
- Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge have played 11 Barclays Premier League matches together this season and the only team to stop them both scoring are Arsenal.
- Santi Cazorla has scored in two of his three Barclays Premier League appearances against Liverpool.
- Arsenal v Liverpool has had five hat-tricks scored; the most trebles of any fixture in Barclays Premier League history.
- Liverpool have won just one of their last 13 Barclays Premier League matches against Arsenal (W1 D7 L5) and none of the last six at Anfield (D3 L3).
- Arsenal have trailed in five of the last six Barclays Premier League meetings with Liverpool at Anfield and come back to win two and draw three of those five.
- Arsenal have won six and lost none of their last seven Barclays Premier League matches and netted exactly two goals in each of the last five.
- The Gunners were the last team to stop Liverpool from scoring in the Barclays Premier League (2 November 2013), with the Reds netting 41 goals in their 14 matches since.
- There have been four goals in the 90th minute or later in the last five Barclays Premier League meetings between Liverpool and Arsenal at Anfield.
- Wojciech Szczesny has kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper in the Barclays Premier League this season (11).
Aston Villa v West Ham United | #AVLWHU | Matchday Live >>
- Aston Villa have won three and lost just one of their last six Barclays Premier League fixtures against the Hammers.
- Kevin Nolan has scored five Barclays Premier League goals against Villa, more than against any other opponent apart from Sunderland (six).
- Christian Benteke has scored in three of his last four Barclays Premier League appearances for Villa.
- West Ham have kept the joint-most clean sheets in the Barclays Premier League, along with Arsenal (11).
- Villa have won four and lost none (D2) of their last six Barclays Premier League home matches against West Ham United.
- West Ham have hit the target with just 36% of their shots this season, the lowest accuracy in the top flight.
- Only Fulham (10) have picked up fewer points at home than Aston Villa (11) this season.
Chelsea v Newcastle United | #CHENEW | Matchday Live >>
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 72 Barclays Premier League home matches with Jose Mourinho as manager (W56 D16 L0).
- Newcastle have won three of their last four Barclays Premier League matches against Chelsea (W3 D0 L1).
- The Magpies have lost just one of their last four Barclays Premier League trips to Stamford Bridge (W1 D2 L1).
- Alan Pardew's side have failed to score in five of their last six Barclays Premier League fixtures, losing four and winning just one in this run.
- Newcastle have won three and lost just one of their last five Barclays Premier League away matches.
- Chelsea have won six of their last seven Barclays Premier League matches.
- Eden Hazard has embarked on 162 dribbles in the Barclays Premier League this season, more than any other player.
- Since losing 3-2 at Stoke City, Chelsea have conceded only three goals in nine matches.
- Newcastle have lost four of their six Barclays Premier League matches since beating Stoke on Boxing Day.
Crystal Palace v West Bromwich Albion | #CRYWBA | Matchday Live >>
- West Brom have lost just one of their last 10 league visits to Selhurst Park to play Palace (W3 D6 L1), but that was the only Barclays Premier League meeting (2004-05).
- West Brom and Crystal Palace have met twice this season, with the Baggies winning 2-0 in the Barclays Premier League and Palace 2-0 in the FA Cup, with both matches at The Hawthorns.
- Palace have only scored three goals in their last six Barclays Premier League matches, all by Jason Puncheon.
- The Londoners have scored the fewest goals in the Barclays Premier League (15) and have failed to score in 12 matches, the joint-most along with Cardiff City.
- The Eagles have kept five clean sheets in their last seven Barclays Premier League fixtures at Selhurst Park.
- The Baggies have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 Barclays Premier League matches since beating the Londoners 2-0 back at the start of November.
- The opening goal in the last two league encounters between Palace and West Brom at Selhurst Park has been an own goal.
- Since Tony Pulis has been in charge of Crystal Palace, they have won 16 points in 12 Barclays Premier League matches, more than double the seven points from the 12 top-flight fixtures under Ian Holloway/Keith Millen.
- West Brom have drawn 11 of their 24 Barclays Premier League matches this season, more than any other side.
Norwich City v Manchester City | #NORMCI | Matchday Live >>
- There have been 37 goals scored in the last six Barclays Premier League meetings between Norwich City and Manchester City.
- Edin Dzeko has scored three goals in four Barclays Premier League matches against Norwich.
- Man City have won their last three Barclays Premier League trips to Carrow Road, scoring 13 and conceding six times.
- Chris Hughton's side have alternated between scoring one goal or not scoring at all in their last nine Barclays Premier League matches.
- There have been red cards in two of the last three Barclays Premier League meetings between Norwich and Man City at Carrow Road.
- Man City have not lost successive Barclays Premier League fixtures since October 2010.
- Only two of Alvaro Negredo's nine Barclays Premier League goals have come away from home.
- Joe Hart's saves-to-shots rate this season is 70%. In City's title-winning season (2011-12) it was 77%.
Southampton v Stoke City | #SOUSTK | Matchday Live >>
- Southampton have taken eight points from their last four Barclays Premier League matches.
- All three meetings between Southampton and Stoke in the Barclays Premier League have ended in draws.
- Charlie Adam has scored three of Stoke's last four Barclays Premier League goals.
- Southampton have collected 1.8 points per match when goalkeeper Artur Boruc has played this season, compared with 0.7 when he has been absent.
- Stoke have not won successive Barclays Premier League fixtures since August 2013.
- The Potters have gone eight matches without a clean sheet in the Barclays Premier League.
- Three different English players scored for Southampton last weekend. Only Liverpool have also done this in the Barclays Premier League this season.
- Stoke have failed to score in five of their last six Barclays Premier League away matches and have gone 331 minutes without a goal.
- Southampton are yet to win a game after trailing this season in the Barclays Premier League. Stoke have done so twice.
- Jay Rodriguez has scored seven goals and assisted two more in his last 12 Barclays Premier League appearances.
Sunderland v Hull City | #SUNHUL | Matchday Live >>
- Sunderland have won six of their last seven encounters with Hull City.
- Hull have scored only one Barclays Premier League goal in 2014, fewer than any other side.
- There have been five red cards in five Barclays Premier League meetings between these two sides, including two for Sunderland in the reverse fixture this season (Cattermole and Dossena).
- The Tigers are the only Barclays Premier League team not to win a match in 2014 (D1 L4).
- Sunderland goalkeeper Vito Mannone has the best saves-to-shots rate in the Barclays Premier League this season (83%).
- Four different players (Ki, Johnson, Borini, Gardner) have taken a penalty for the Black Cats in the Barclays Premier League this season, a bigger spread than any other club.
- Fourteen players have scored for Hull in the Barclays Premier League this season but none has more than three goals to their name.
- If only the second halves of games counted this season, Hull would be adrift at the bottom of the Barclays Premier League table by five points.
- Sunderland have taken 10 points in 2014 (W3 D1 L1), only the top four sides have collected more.
5.30pm Swansea City v Cardiff City | #SWACAR | Matchday Live >>
- Swansea's only red card in the Barclays Premier League this season came in the reverse fixture against Cardiff (Michel Vorm).
- The last time this fixture was played at Liberty Stadium, Craig Bellamy scored the winner for Cardiff City.
- Indeed, the last three South Wales derbies have ended 1-0 (two wins for Cardiff, one for Swansea).
- Craig Bellamy’s goal against Norwich last weekend saw him become the first player to score for seven different clubs in the Barclays Premier League.
- Cardiff City are the only Barclays Premier League team not to win a penalty this season.
- Former Swans defender Steven Caulker has made more blocks (36) than any other Barclays Premier League player this season.
- If Barclays Premier League matches ended at half-time so far this season, Cardiff would be bottom by seven points, Swansea would be 19th.
- All seven of Wilfried Bony's Barclays Premier League goals have come in Wales.
- If Swansea lose this match it will be the first time they hsve ever lost three consecutive league matches to their arch-rivals.
Sunday 9 February
1.30pm Tottenham Hotspur v Everton | #TOTEVE | Matchday Live >>
- Everton have lost only two of their last 13 Barclays Premier League encounters with Tottenham Hotspur.
- Everton have won only one of their last five Barclays Premier League away fixtures (D3 L1).
- The Lilywhites have won 12 times in the Barclays Premier League against Everton at White Hart Lane. Only against Newcastle (also 12) have they won as many times at home in the competition.
- Only two players have made more Barclays Premier League assists for Spurs than Aaron Lennon (41), Teddy Sheringham (44) and Darren Anderton (67).
- Everton are the most fouled side in the Barclays Premier League this season (315 times).
- The Toffees have conceded the most penalties in the Barclays Premier League this season (six).
- The north Londoners have won four penalties this season in the Barclays Premier League. Only Liverpool (five) have been awarded more.
- Leighton Baines (zero) has fewer Barclays Premier League assists than team-mate Tim Howard (one) this season.
- Twelve of Tottenham Hotspur's 19 assists this season have been supplied by players signed last summer.
4pm Manchester United v Fulham | #MUNFUL | Matchday Live >>
- Manchester United have won each of their last nine Barclays Premier League home matches against Fulham and 11 of 12 since the Whites reached the division in 2001.
- Fulham have drawn only once this season, fewer than any other side. The record low in a Barclays Premier League season is three (by Chelsea in 1997/98).
- United have gone 11 Barclays Premier League matches without a draw (W6 L5).
- United have kept five clean sheets in their last six home Barclays Premier League matches against Fulham.
- Fulham have scored seven goals from corners this season, only Manchester City have managed more.
- Steve Sidwell is the only current Fulham player to have scored a Barclays Premier League goal in 2014.
- Fulham's last three Barclays Premier League matches have been 0-0 at half-time but they have lost all three, conceding seven goals in the process.
- Robin van Persie has six goals and two assists in his last seven Barclays Premier League appearances.