Gary Hooper's goal v Swansea was his third in a row at Carrow Road
After an eventful weekend of Barclays Premier League action here are some statistics that emerged from the 10 fixtures, including Liverpool's best win at White Hart Lane and the propensity for goals whenever Norwich and Swansea City meet.
Sunday 15 December
Aston Villa 0-3 Manchester United | #AVLMUN | Matchday Live >>
- Manchester United have scored 17 away league goals this season, compared with eight at Old Trafford. They have scored more first-half goals away from home (10) than on home soil in total.
- Danny Welbeck scored his second brace of the campaign; he now has four Barclays Premier League goals this season, after managing one last term.
- Tom Cleverley’s goal against Villa was exactly a year since his last Barclays Premier League goal (15 December 2012, v Sunderland).
- Man Utd have the same number of individual goalscorers as Man City this season (eight), despite scoring 22 goals fewer.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last 36 Barclays Premier League matches against Manchester United (W1 D9 L26).
- The Villans have won none of the last 18 Barclays Premier League matches against United at Villa Park since their win on the opening day of the 1995-96 season (L12 D6).
- Manchester United kept their first away clean sheet of the season.
Norwich City 1-1 Swansea City | #NORSWA | Matchday Live >>
- There have been 22 goals scored in just five Barclays Premier League meetings between Norwich and Swansea.
- The Canaries have conceded 16 first half goals in the Barclays Premier League this season; more than any other side.
- Only West Ham United and Cardiff City (three) have scored fewer first half goals in the Barclays Premier League this term than Norwich City (four).
- Nathan Dyer has scored four goals in 14 Barclays Premier League appearances this season, having netted three in 37 for the Swans last season.
- Gary Hooper has scored in each of Norwich’s last three Barclays Premier League home matches. He has netted four goals in his last six Barclays Premier League appearances for the Canaries.
- Swansea have lost just once in their last six Barclays Premier League matches, winning two (D3).
- The Canaries have been caught offside just 18 times this season, fewer than any other side in the league.
Tottenham Hotspur 0-5 Liverpool | #TOTLIV | Matchday live >>
- Luis Suarez has scored 17 goals and assisted four in 11 Barclays Premier League matches this season. He has scored more goals than 10 of the 20 Barclays Premier League teams this season, including Spurs (15).
- Liverpool have scored 25 Barclays Premier League goals before half-time this season, at least four more than any other side. Spurs have netted just five goals before the break.
- Paulinho’s red card was Tottenham’s first in the Barclays Premier League since November 2012, when Adebayor was sent off against Arsenal.
- Spurs failed to have a shot on target for the first time at White Hart Lane and for only the third time overall since 2006/07.
- Jon Flanagan scored his first goal for Liverpool.
- Liverpool picked up their biggest league victory away at Spurs, scoring five times in a game for the first time.
- This was only the second time Spurs have lost a Barclays Premier League home match by a margin of five goals or more (1-6 v Chelsea in December 1997).
Saturday 14 December
Manchester City 6-3 Arsenal | #MCIARS | Matchday Live >>
- The last top-flight team to score as many goals as Manchester City (35) in their opening eight home games were Tottenham Hotspur in 1962-63.
- Man City have scored six or more goals in three matches in a single top-flight season for the first time since 1937-38.
- The last Barclays Premier League match to have more goals was the 5-5 draw between West Bromwich Albion and Manchester United on the final day of the 2012-13 season.
- Man City conceded more home goals in this match than they had in the previous seven Barclays Premier League home matches (two).
- Arsenal have conceded more than four goals in a Barclays Premier League game for only the third time (after losing 1-6 & 2-8 at Old Trafford).
- David Silva has scored three goals in his last four Barclays Premier League appearances.
- Nine of the 13 shots on target in this match resulted in goals.
- Theo Walcott scored two or more goals in a Barclays Premier League away match for only the second time (two at Birmingham City in February 2008).
- City have scored in 58 consecutive home matches in the Barclays Premier League.
- Alvaro Negredo has scored in each of his last eight appearances at the Etihad Stadium (10 goals in total).
- Walcott is the third player this season to score twice and end up on the losing side (Chelsea's Andre Schurrle v Stoke City; Newcastle's Loic Remy v Hull City).
Cardiff City 1-0 West Bromwich Albion | #CARWBA | Matchday Live >>
- Peter Whittingham has scored in his last three league appearances against West Brom for Cardiff.
- Cardiff’s opening goal ended a run of 335 minutes without one.
- West Brom have won just one of their last 10 Barclays Premier League matches (W1 D4 L5) and have lost their last four in a row. This is the first time they have lost four in a row in the Barclays Premier League since January 2011.
- The Baggies did not have a shot on or off target in the first half..
Chelsea 2-1 Crystal Palace | #CHECRY | Matchday Live >>
- Chelsea have won eight and lost none of their last 12 league meetings with Crystal Palace (D4).
- The Blues have kept just one clean sheet in their last 11 Barclays Premier League matches.
- Ten of Ramires’s 13 Barclays Premier League goals have come at home.
- The opening goal in this game by Fernando Torres was the 400th in the Premier League this season.
- Marouane Chamakh has scored in three consecutive Barclays Premier League matches for the first time.
- Eden Hazard created six goalscoring chances in this match, more than any other player. His 15 assists since moving to the Barclays Premier League, can be matched by only by Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard in that period..
Everton 4-1 Fulham | #EVEFUL | Matchday Live >>
- Everton have won more home matches against Fulham (13) than versus any other Barclays Premier League opponent.
- Everton's 21 consecutive home wins v Fulham is the longest of any team at home against a single opponent in English football history.
- Fulham have lost six of their last seven Barclays Premier League away games (W1).
- The last time Everton went unbeaten a home in the league for a whole calendar year was in 1962. They have only managed this three times previously (1894, 1939, 1962).
- Dimitar Berbatov has scored nine Barclays Premier League penalties from nine attempts. The only player with a perfect record to score more is Leighton Baines (10 from 10).
- Everton defenders have provided a league-high seven goals this season.
Newcastle United 1-1 Southampton | #NEWSOU | Matchday Live >>
- Jay Rodriguez has matched his goal total from last season (six).
- Newcastle’s pass completion of 69% was their lowest in a Barclays Premier League home match this season and the lowest at home since Jan 2012 (67% v Man Utd)
- The Magpies have kept only one clean sheet in their last six home Barclays Premier League matches.
- Southampton have now gone five Barclays Premier League matches without a win (D2 L3).
- Newcastle centre-halves Fabricio Coloccini and Mike Williamson had differing pass completion rates of 82% and 52% respectively.
West Ham United 0-0 Sunderland | #WHUSUN | Matchday Live >>
- West Ham have won just two of their last 15 Barclays Premier League matches (W2 D5 L8).
- No Barclays Premier League team has kept more clean sheets than West Ham this season (eight).
- West Ham’s total of five goalless draws is more than any other team in the Barclays Premier League.
- West Ham's two shots on target both came in the second half.
- Sunderland’s total of six shots on target is the most they have managed in a Barclays Premier League match this season..
Hull City 0-0 Stoke City | #HULSTK | Matchday Live >>
- Hull have lost just one of their last nine Barclays Premier League home matches (W4 D4 L1)
- Hull have the best home defence in the Barclays Premier League this season (three goals conceded)
- Stoke City have lost just one of their last seven Barclays Premier League matches (W2 D4 L1).
- Stoke have drawn a quarter of their league games 0-0 this season ( four from 16) – only West Ham have more (five).
- This was the fifth time this season that Stoke have had more possession than the opposition.
- Marko Arnautovic was the only Stoke player to create more than once chance in the game (three).
- Stoke have played all five fellow "City"’ clubs in the Barclays Premier League this season and are yet to win (D4 L1).