Newcastle have lost their last five Barclays Premier League meetings with Arsenal
As well as some pulsating action Matchweek 36 threw up some intriguing facts and figures, such as Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud's penchant for playing at home, Newcastle United's aversion to Emirates Stadium and how it only takes 226 passes to beat Liverpool. Read on to find out more.
Remember you can follow all the Barclays Premier League action in our Carlsberg Live Match Centre at live.premierleague.com. The Carlsberg Live Match Centre brings you match facts and stats, manager press conference videos, action images, as well as the latest Fantasy Premier League points for your team.
Monday 28 April
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle | #ARSNEW | More on the Carlsberg Live Match Centre >>
- Newcastle United have conceded the same number of goals as Sunderland (57) and have lost as many Barclays Premier League matches as Aston Villa (18) yet both those sides are in danger of relegation.
- This result ensures that Arsenal finish above Tottenham Hotspur in the Barclays Premier League for the 19th successive season.
- Arsenal have won their last five Barclays Premier League meetings with the Magpies; their best ever run against them in the competition.
- Newcastle have conceded 12 goals in their last three Barclays Premier League trips to Emirates Stadium.
- Only against Liverpool (15) have Newcastle lost more Barclays Premier League away matches than at Arsenal (14).
- The Gunners have won their last three Barclays Premier League matches, after winning only two of the previous nine.
- All five of Mesut Ozil's Barclays Premier League goals have come at Emirates Stadium.
- Newcastle remain in the top-half of the table despite losing 10 of their last 13 Barclays Premier League matches.
- Shola Ameobi has made 138 substitute appearances, more than any other player in Barclays Premier League history.
- Nineteen of Olivier Giroud's 26 Barclays Premier League goals have come at Emirates Stadium.
- Laurent Koscielny has now scored two goals in each of his four seasons in the Barclays Premier League.
- Olivier Giroud has scored three headed goals from just four headers on target in the Barclays Premier League this season.
Sunday 27 April
Sunderland 4-0 Cardiff City | #SUNCAR | More on Carlsberg Live Match Centre >>
- Connor Wickham has scored five goals in his three Barclays Premier League appearances after netting just one in his first 37 top-flight outings.
- Wickham has currently scored more Barclays Premier League goals this month than any other player (five).
- Sunderland’s victory over Cardiff was their biggest home league win since September 2011 (4-0 v Stoke City).
- Sebastian Larsson provided his first Barclays Premier League assist since last August (v Southampton).
- Juan Cala was the first Cardiff City player to be shown a red card in the Barclays Premier League.
- Sunderland recorded their first Barclays Premier League win in five at the Stadium of Light (D1 L3).
- Cardiff have conceded 24 goals in the final 15 minutes this season; more than any other Barclays Premier League side.
- 11% of Sunderland goals this season have seen a booking for shirt removal (4 of 37).
- Only Norwich City (eight) have taken fewer away points this season than Cardiff City (10).
- The Black Cats scored four goals from just seven shots on target against the Red Dragons.
- After scoring just one goal in six previous home matches against teams currently in the bottom half, Sunderland netted four on Sunday.
Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea | #LIVCHE | More on the Carlsberg Live Match Centre >>
- Jose Mourinho has won seven and lost just one of his nine previous Barclays Premier League meetings with Liverpool.
- Chelsea have lost only one of eight Barclays Premier League matches played in between UEFA Champions League semi-final matches winning five and drawing two.
- 226 is Chelsea’s lowest number of passes in a Barclays Premier League match this season.
- Chelsea have taken 16 points from their six fixtures against the top four this season. City finished with seven, Liverpool six and Arsenal five.
- Liverpool did not hit a shot on target until the 56th minute.
- Steven Gerrard had nine shots in this contest, only two fewer than Chelsea managed in total.
- Chelsea’s pass completion of 68% is their lowest in a Barclays Premier League fixture since December 2005.
- Chelsea only conceded seven fouls. Only in one match (Palace away) have they conceded fewer this season in the Barclays Premier League.
- Brendan Rodgers has named more unchanged teams than any other Barclays Premier League manager this season (eight).
- Liverpool’s last two Barclays Premier League defeats have come against Chelsea.
Crystal Palace 0-2 Man City | #CRYMCI | Carlsberg Live Match Centre >>
- Manchester City have now won their last four Barclays Premier League matches against Crystal Palace.
- Tony Pulis’s side have lost three of their last five home fixtures, failing to score in each of those games (W2).
- The defeat brings an end to Palace’s winning run of five matches.
- It is only City’s third win in 12 league visits to Selhurst Park against Palace (D5 L4)
- The Eagles have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 12 league meetings with Manchester City.
- It is the Citizens’ first clean sheet in six Barclays Premier League matches.
- Yaya Toure has now scored six in his last six Barclays Premier League matches for Manchester City.
- Edin Dzeko now has five goals in his last eight appearances in the Barclays Premier League.
- Twenty-seven of Dzeko's 42 goals in the Barclays Premier League have come away from home (64%).
- Yaya Toure is the Barclays Premier League's top scoring midfielder with 19, six more than anybody else in that position.
- City have equalled their best Barclays Premier League goal tally of 93, set in the title-winning season of 2011/12.
- Palace have only claimed two points from losing positions this season, fewer than any other side.
- Six of Man City’s last seven Barclays Premier League goals have come before half-time.
- Man City’s last seven Barclays Premier League fixtures in London have produced 27 goals.
Saturday 26 April
Southampton 2-0 Everton | #SOUEVE | More on the Live Match Centre >>
- Everton only had two touches (the kick-off) before Southampton's first-minute goal.
- Antolin Alcaraz's own goal was the sixth to come in the first minute in Barclays Premier League history.
- The own goal was the first first-minute goal the Toffees have shipped since April 2013 when Adebayor scored for Tottenham Hotspur against Everton.
- Everton have managed just two clean sheets in their last 11 Barclays Premier League away matches (conceding 13 goals in total).
- Everton's brace of own goals was the 20th time a team have scored two goals in the same Barclays Premier League match.
- The Toffees have now conceded 43 own goals (own goals scored by Everton players), which is more than any other side in Barclays Premier League history.
- Southampton registered their first win in nine Barclays Premier League meetings with Everton (L4 D4).
Fulham 2-2 Hull City | #FULHUL | More on the Carlsberg Live Match Centre >>
- Fernando Amorebieta is the first Venezuelan to score in the Barclays Premier League; meaning players from 90 different countries have netted a goal in the competition.
- Ashkan Dejagah has scored three times in his last four home appearances for Fulham in the Barclays Premier League.
- After going 55 minutes without a shot on target, Fulham scored with their first two shots on target in the match in the space of three minutes.
- Nine of Fulham's Barclays Premier League goals this season have come from substitutes. Only Everton (10) and West Brom (11) have seen more.
- Fulham have kept a clean sheet in only two of their last 10 Barclays Premier League home matches.
- Nikica Jelavic ended a run of seven matches without a goal by finding the net versus Fulham.
Stoke City 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur | #STKTOT | More on Carlsberg Live Match Centre >>
- Danny Rose scored his second Barclays Premier League goal for Tottenham Hotspur. His first came in April 2010, against Arsenal.
- All three of Danny Rose's Barclays Premier League goals have been scored in April.
- Spurs led at half-time for the first time in eight Barclays Premier League matches.
- Stoke received their fifth red card of the season; only Sunderland (seven) have been shown more.
- Ryan Shawcross received his fourth red card in the Barclays Premier League, two more than any other Stoke player.
- Since 2009-10, only Lee Cattermole (five) has been given more Premier League red cards than Shawcross (four).
- The 12 Barclays Premier League matches between these teams have produced six red cards.
- Tottenham Hotspur ended a run of seven matches without a clean sheet.
- The north Londoners have won six and lost just one of their last nine Barclays Premier League meetings with the Potters (D2).
- Spurs won their 10th away match of the season, a joint-league high with Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United.
- Stoke lost at home for the second time in their last 15 matches at the Britannia Stadium (W8 D5).
Swansea City 4-1 Aston Villa | #SWAAVL | More on Carlsberg Live Match Centre >>
- Jonjo Shelvey's last five Barclays Premier League goals have been scored from outside the penalty area.
- Shelvey played a hand in three goals (one goal, two assists); more than any other single top-flight match in his career.
- All six of Shelvey's goals with his natural foot (right) have come from outside the penalty area in his Barclays Premier League career. He has scored two with his left foot inside the box.
- Gabby Agbonlahor netted his first goal for Aston Villa since New Year's Day.
- Wilfried Bony has scored six goals in his last seven Barclays Premier League appearances.
- Bony has now netted 15 Barclays Premier League goals this season. The only Swansea player to have scored more in a single PBL season is Michu (18) in 2012-13.
- Villa went three hours and 42 minutes without scoring a Barclays Premier League goal before Agbonlahor’s strike.
- Aston Villa have won just one of the nine Barclays Premier League matches that Christian Benteke has missed this season, netting only seven goals in the process.
West Bromwich Albion 1-0 West Ham United | #WBAWHU | More on Carlsberg Live Match Centre >>
- West Ham United have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 10 Barclays Premier League matches; the longest current run in the division.
- West Ham have lost seven of their last nine Barclays Premier League fixtures (W2).
- Eight of the Baggies' last nine goals in the Barclays Premier League have come before half-time.
- West Ham attempted just three shots on target in this match. No side have attempted as few in the Barclays Premier League overall this season (114) than the Hammers.
- Saido Berahino has scored two goals in the Barclays Premier League against West Ham United this season, with those two goals earning the Baggies four points in total (the equaliser in a 3-3 draw away, and the winner in a 1-0 win at home).
- Albion's win was their first in the Barclays Premier League at The Hawthorns since New Years' Day.
Man Utd 4-0 Norwich City | #MUNNOR | More on Carlsberg Live Match Centre >>
- Manchester United have won five and lost none of their six Barclays Premier League home matches against Norwich City (D1)
- Wayne Rooney has scored six goals in his last five Premier League appearances. Rooney's six goals have come in three braces.
- Juan Mata scored his first headed Barclays Premier League goal.
- Mata scored with two of his three shots in total.
- The Spaniard has scored five times in his last four Barclays Premier League matches.
- Manchester United had more shots on target on Saturday than any previous Barclays Premier League match this season (11).
- The last time they had more in a single BPL match was in December 2011 (v Wolves).
- The Red Devils have won six and lost none of their seven Barclays Premier League home matches against Norwich (D1).
- Norwich have lost their last two Barclays Premier League visits to Old Trafford 4-0.
- The Canaries have lost eight away Barclays Premier League matches in a row for the first time in their history.
- Norwich have only won four of their last 39 Barclays Premier League away matches (L25 D10).