Man Utd's Wayne Rooney is looking to add to his 10 goals against Newcastle
Matchweek 33 of this season's Barclays Premier League is upon us and there is plenty at stake at the top and bottom of the table this weekend. To whet your appetite, here are all the statistics you need for the matches, including Wayne Rooney's fine record against Newcastle United.
Remember you can follow all the Barclays Premier League action in our Carlsberg Live Match Centre at live.premierleague.com. The Carlsberg Live Match Centre brings you match facts and stats, manager press conference videos, action images, as well as the latest Fantasy Premier League points for your team.
Saturday 5 April
3pm kick-off unless specified
12.45pm Man City v Southampton | #MCISOU | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Edin Dzeko has scored in two of his three Barclays Premier League matches against Southampton.
- Southampton have won five and lost three of their last 10 Barclays Premier League encounters with Manchester City, but have lost their last two visits to Etihad Stadium.
- Steven Davis has scored in two of his three Barclays Premier League matches against Manchester City and assisted a goal in the other match during this run.
- Saints have dropped more points from winning positions than any other team in the Barclays Premier League (18).
- Forty-eight points after 32 games is Southampton’s best haul in the Barclays Premier League and they have also scored more goals (49) than ever before at this stage.
- City have won 15, drawn three and lost just one of their last 19 Barclays Premier League matches.
- Jay Rodriguez has scored five goals in his last four Barclays Premier League matches. The only English player to score more BPL goals than Rodriguez (15) this season is Daniel Sturridge (20).
- Only Luis Suarez (11) has more goal assists than Rickie Lambert (10) in the Barclays Premier League this season.
- City have used fewer players than any other team in the Barclays Premier League this season (23).
- Manuel Pellegrini's side have averaged more goals per game at home than any other team in the Premier League (3.43).
Aston Villa v Fulham | #AVLFUL | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- There have been six goals scored in the last five Barclays Premier League meetings between Fulham and Aston Villa.
- Fulham have won none of their last 14 away matches in the league at Villa Park (L7 D7).
- Fulham have the same number of points after 32 matches as they did in 2007/08, which is their lowest haul in Barclays Premier League history. They won four of the last six matches to escape the drop on the final day on goal difference.
- Villa have only mustered fewer points after 31 Barclays Premier League fixtures in one previous campaign (30 in 2012-13).
- Paul Lambert's side have conceded the highest percentage of first-half goals in the Barclays Premier League this season (54%).
- Fulham have conceded the highest percentage of second-half goals in the top flight (70%).
- The Whites have used the most players in the Barclays Premier League this season (37).
- Fulham have won one of their last 12 Barclays Premier League away matches (W1 D2 L9) and have gone 15 away matches without a clean sheet, the longest run of any team without a shutout this season.
Cardiff City v Crystal Palace | #CARCRY | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Cardiff City have conceded the highest proportion of goals in the final 15 minutes of Barclays Premier League matches this season (34%).
- Crystal Palace have won none of their last nine visits to Cardiff in all competitions (D4 L5).
- Palace have averaged one goal every 13 shots this season, the lowest conversion rate in the top flight.
- Cardiff are the only team in the top flight not to have a penalty kick in any of their matches this season.
- Cardiff's David Marshall has made more saves than any other Barclays Premier League goalkeeper this season (127).
- Palace have scored fewer goals away from home than any other team in the top flight (six) and have failed to find the net in five of their last six road trips.
- The Eagles have won just two of their last 28 Barclays Premier League away matches, losing 19.
- Only Cardiff (seven) have picked up fewer points away from home in the top flight than Crystal Palace this season (eight).
- Cardiff earned 0.9 points per match under Malky Mackay, but have averaged just 0.67 per match under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- The Bluebirds have netted 10 goals in their last four fixtures; as many as the team had scored in the previous 18 Premier League matches.
Hull City v Swansea City | #HULSWA | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Hull City have seen the joint-most opposition players sent off this season (six) along with Norwich City.
- Swansea have won none of their last five league visits to Hull City, losing four of those encounters.
- Overall, there have been 10 red cards in matches involving the Tigers this season, the most of any Barclays Premier League club (four for, six against).
- Swansea have benefited from eight own goals in the Barclays Premier League this season – only Wilfried Bony has scored more goals for the Swans (11).
- The Swans have scored more goals (45) than any other team in the bottom 12 of the Barclays Premier League.
- Swansea have not won back to back Barclays Premier League matches since December 2012.
- The Welsh side have the highest passing accuracy in the top flight this season (86.1%), probably due to the fact that they have attempted the highest proportion of passes in their own half of any Barclays Premier League side (48%).
- Just 9% of Hull's goals have come in the final 15 minutes of matches, the lowest proportion in the top flight (three of 33).
- Of the 11 goals Bony has scored this season, only one has been the first goal of the match and none have been a winning goal.
- Steve Bruce's side have lost four of their last five Barclays Premier League matches (W1 L4) and won only one of the last six on home soil (W1 D1 L4).
- Despite only joining in January. Nikica Jelavic has already fired in more shots on target than any other Hull City player this season (17).
Newcastle United v Man Utd | #NEWMUN | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- After going 18 Barclays Premier League matches without a win against Manchester United (D5 L13), Newcastle United have won two of the last four (W2 L2).
- Wayne Rooney has scored six goals in his last six Barclays Premier League appearances.
- Man United have earned fewer points this season than in any previous Barclays Premier League campaign and are guaranteed to finish with a lower total than in any of Sir Alex Ferguson’s 21 campaigns.
- Rooney has netted 10 Barclays Premier League goals against Newcastle; only against Aston Villa (12) has he netted more.
- The Magpies have failed to score in 10 of their last 14 Barclays Premier League fixtures.
- Man Utd have the best away record in the Barclays Premier League, with 30 points from a possible 48.
- Manchester United are one of only two teams not to lose a Barclays Premier League match from a winning position this season (along with Tottenham Hotspur).
- David Moyes' side have made more defensive clearances than any other team in the Barclays Premier League this season (1202).
- United have fired in more crosses than any other team in the Barclays Premier League this season (649; from open play).
- 18% of the goals David Moyes’ side have conceded have come in the opening 15 minutes of matches, a divisional high proportion (seven of 38).
Norwich City v West Bromwich Albion | #NORWBA | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Norwich City have seen the joint-most opposition players sent off this season (six) along with Hull City.
- West Bromwich Albion have won three of their last four trips to Carrow Road, but lost there in the Barclays Premier League last season 0-4 (W3 L1).
- West Brom have had 17 different players score for them in the Barclays Premier League, more than any other team in the top division.
- West Brom have scored more goals via substitutes than any other team in the Barclays Premier League (11).
- The Baggies have gone 11 Barclays Premier League matches without a clean sheet; only Fulham (14) have mustered a longer run without a shutout this season.
- 35% of the goals the Canaries have scored have come from outside the area (nine of 26); a higher proportion than any other Barclays Premier League side.
- West Brom have drawn more Barclays Premier League matches than any other side in the top flight this season (14) and also won the fewest (five).
- Albion have conceded the second-highest proportion of first-half goals (54.2%) behind local rivals Aston Villa (54.4%).
- Only Crystal Palace (20) have scored fewer goals than Norwich (26) this season and the Chris Hughton's charges also have the second worst conversion rate (9%) behind the Londoners (7.5%).
- Norwich are unbeaten in their last six Barclays Premier League home matches (W3 D3), keeping five clean sheets and conceding just one goal in that run.
5.30pm Chelsea v Stoke City | #CHESTK | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- After winning eight and losing none of the first 10 Barclays Premier League meetings with Stoke City, Chelsea lost the last encounter earlier this season 2-3 to the Potters.
- Stoke managed to score as many goals in their last match against Chelsea as they had managed in the previous 10 Barclays Premier League meetings (three).
- Only Stoke (15) have recovered more points from losing positions than Chelsea (14).
- Jose Mourinho's side have recovered 10 points from losing positions on home soil this season, more than any other team in the top flight.
- Peter Odemwingie has scored in three successive Barclays Premier League appearances for the first time since May 2011 (five appearances in a row).
- Mark Hughes' side have scored just two headed goals this season, fewer than any other team in the Barclays Premier League.
- Stoke have committed more fouls than any other team in the top division (417), while Chelsea are the second-most fouled team in the league (381).
- The west Londoners have allowed their opponents 99 shots on target against them, fewer than any other team in the Barclays Premier League.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 76 Barclays Premier League home games under Jose Mourinho winning 60 and drawing 16.
- Mourinho's side have dropped just eight points from the last 75 available at Stamford Bridge (P25 W21, D4).
Sunday 6 April
1.30pm Everton v Arsenal | #EVEARS | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Everton have only scored more than once in one of the last 22 Barclays Premier League matches against Arsenal.
- The Gunners have won just three of their last 10 Barclays Premier League matches (W3 D4 L3), taking just 13 points from the last 30 available.
- The Toffees have lost eight and won none of the last 13 Barclays Premier League matches against Arsenal, but the last three meetings have been drawn.
- Mesut Ozil's last two goals have come against Everton, one in the Barclays Premier League in December and one in the FA Cup victory in March.
- Everton's record home (1-6 Aug 2009) and record away and overall (0-7 May 2005) Barclays Premier League defeats have come at the hands of Arsenal.
- Lukas Podolski has the best chance conversion of any player with 10+ goals in the Barclays Premier League over the last two seasons, scoring with 33% of his attempts.
- No team has ever had 60 or more points after 31 matches of a Barclays Premier League season and failed to finish in the top four. Everton and Arsenal have both exceeded this tally.
- 60 points after 31 games is Everton's best ever total in Barclays Premier League history, surpassing the 57 they had mustered at this stage in 2007-08.
- Everton have won 15 points from goals scored in the final 10 minutes of matches this season, more than any team in the division.
- Arsenal are the only team in the Barclays Premier League not to have an opposition player sent off against them this season.
4pm West Ham United v Liverpool | #WHULIV | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- There have been three own goals in the last three Barclays Premier League meetings between West Ham United and Liverpool.
- Glen Johnson has scored in three of his last five Barclays Premier League matches against former club West Ham, including the last two trips to the Boleyn Ground.
- Liverpool have won seven and lost just one of the last 10 Barclays Premier League matches against West Ham.
- The 71 points after 32 matches won by Liverpool is a Barclays Premier League high for the club and only in 1987/88 have they accrued more in the era of three points for a win (76).
- Liverpool have scored 88 goals this season, a record for any team after 32 matches of a Barclays Premier League season and have netted in their last 22 games since losing 0-2 away Arsenal.
- Luis Suarez has scored six goals in his last five Barclays Premier League matches and is only two away from the Premier League record for a 38-match season (31) held by Alan Shearer (1995-96) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2007-08).
- 60% of Liverpool's goals have been scored in the first half, the highest proportion of any team in the top flight this season.
- The Merseysiders have hit the woodwork more times than any other team this season (24), while West Ham's uprights have been struck the most (20).
- The Reds have scored with one in every five shots attempted this season, a better rate than any other side in the top flight.
- Brendan Rodgers' side have dropped more points from winning positions than any other team in the Barclays Premier League away from home (12).
Monday 7 April
8pm Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland | #TOTSUN | Follow on the Live Match Centre >>
- Tottenham Hotspur have won five and lost none of the last seven Barclays Premier League matches against Sunderland.
- The Black Cats have scored a league-high 46.4% of their Barclays Premier League goals from set pieces this season.
- Sunderland head coach Gustavo Poyet had two spells at Spurs, one as a player where he made 82 Barclays Premier League appearances and scored 18 goals and also as assistant coach to Juande Ramos.
- The north Londoners have failed to score in four of their last six Barclays Premier League matches.
- Spurs have conceded the fewest headed goals in the Barclays Premier League this season (one).
- The Lilywhites are one of only two teams not to lose a Barclays Premier League match from a winning position this season prior to this matchday (along with Man Utd).
- Five of the six Barclays Premier League goals that Roberto Soldado has scored this season have been the first goal of the match.
- Five of the six goals that Soldado has scored have been the winning goal.
- Spurs have picked up just three points fewer than they had after 32 fixtures in 2011-12, which was their best-ever Barclays Premier League haul at this stage.
- Spurs could become only the fourth team to finish a Barclays Premier League season in the top six with a negative goal difference (currently -4; Norwich 3rd -4 GD in 1992-93, West Ham 5th -7 GD in 1998-99 & Everton 4th -1 GD in 2004-05).