Friday 23 November 2012
To mark the launch of the Nike GS2 boot Theo Walcott will be hosting a live Q&A in London on 26 November at 2pm and the Premier League is offering two lucky winners the chance to attend along with a guest.
To enter they need to send an email to UKFootball@nike.com with 'PREMIER THEO' in the subject line. Only emails received between 2pm GMT Friday November 23, 2012 and 2pm GMT Saturday November 24, 2012 will have a chance to win the prize.
Theo will also be taking part in a Webchat and you can ask him a question by tweeting using the hashtag #ASKTHEO.
These are the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the NIKE Theo Walcott Players’ Lounge contest (“the Contest”) and may be amended or updated by NIKE at any time. The current version of the Terms and Conditions shall be made available on www.premierleague.com.
1. Who is sponsoring the Contest? The Contest is sponsored by NIKE UK LTD., whose registered office is at One Victory Way, Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland SR3 3XF Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (“NIKE”).
NIKE reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time and, in the event of cancellation, substitute another in its place. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
2. No Purchase Required to Enter or Win the Contest No purchase is required to enter or win the Contest. By entering this Contest, individual entrants (“Entrants”) accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
3. Who is eligible? This Contest is open only to individuals aged 18 and over at the time of entry who are residents of the UK.
Employees of NIKE EUROPEAN OPERATIONS NETHERLANDS B.V, NIKE USA, Inc and its parent company, NIKE, Inc., their subsidiaries and affiliates, or of other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
5. How do I enter? The entry period for the contest starts at 2pm GMT Friday November 23, 2012 and will close at 2pm GMT Saturday November 24, 2012 (the “Entry Period”).
To take part, Entrants must send an email to UKfootball@nike.com during the Entry Period containing their name and age. For the avoidance of doubt, Entrants are restricted from submitting more than one entry.
6. How will winners be selected? The first 2 people that send an email to UKfootball@nike.com will be the winners (“Winners”).
Winners will be notified by firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be notified before midday GMT Sunday, November 25, 2012. Winners must respond within 24 hours of such notification with confirmation that they will attend the Nike Theo Walcott Players Lounge event or an alternative Winner will be selected using the same method as set out above.
Decisions of NIKE are final and binding in all respects, and by participating, Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and Nike’s decisions.
7. What can I win? Each Winner will win entry for the Winner and a guest (who must also be aged over 18) to a question and answer session with Theo Walcott at Nike Town London on Monday 26 November from 2pm to 3pm (“the Prize”).
Winners must arrive at Nike Town London 30 minutes before the start of the Prize event to guarantee entry. Nike reserves the right to refuse entry to Winners who do not arrive at Nike Town London 30 minutes before the start of the Prize Event.
The commercial value of the Prize Event is £0.
The Entrant is responsible for travel and other transportation costs, taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed.
8. What other terms should I be aware of? Any violation of the Official Rules may result in disqualification. NIKE has no obligation to notify violators of their disqualification.
Unless prohibited by law, Entrant irrevocably grants NIKE, its subsidiaries and third party commercial partners the right indefinitely and throughout the world, without any expectation of compensation, to use Entrant’s image and likeness (when participating in the Contest and attending the Prize event) and other information provided by Entrant to Nike in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter developed or discovered, including, but not limited to, television, the internet, product catalogues and brochures, point-of-purchase videos and displays, and any other printed or written material in connection therewith, for the purpose of advertising, promoting, marketing, and selling NIKE or NIKE associate company products or promoting the Contest.
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, NIKE may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. NIKE reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, NIKE reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by NIKE to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to release and hold NIKE, its parent and related companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for legal fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever.
10. How will disputes be handled? These Official Rules and any disputes in connection thereto will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The PARTIES hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts with respect to any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Official Rules.
11. How can I find out who won? To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Tom Kydd, Nike UK & Ireland, Filmhouse, 142 Wardour St, London, W1F 8DD.
All personal information relating to entrants collected by or on behalf of NIKE from which each Entrant can be identified will be recorded electronically and will be used at all times in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. NIKE may transfer Entrant’s personal information to any company within its group and these may be based outside of the European Economic Area. Entrant hereby consents to the transfer of his/her personal information outside of the European Economic Area. NIKE will not disclose any such information to third parties, save as expressly stated under these Terms and Conditions.