Creating Chances is the work that the Premier League delivers at the heart of its communities in which the clubs operate. Through the power of football we empower our clubs to create opportunities that bring people together and change lives for the better.
Over the last three years Creating Chances has invested £111.6m into the heart of local communities, benefitting 14m people.
Every £1 invested by the Premier League has seen £3 of matched funding.
Last season a new charitable organisation was created - the Premier League Charitable Fund (PLCF) - to act as a governance vehicle to administer £10m each year into central and club community activities.
What areas does Creating Chances cover?
Our work is tightly defined across five key areas and initiatives with the Premier League running a central initiative under each theme:
- Community Cohesion - Kickz, Premier League Into Work, The Prince's Trust
- Education - Premier League Enterprise Academy, Premier League Reading Stars
- Health - Premier League Health, Imagine Your Goals
- Sports Participation - Premier League 4 Sport, Premier League Schools Tournament
- International - Premier Skills, Magic Bus, Sport Relief
Who does the Premier League work with to deliver Creating Chances?
- The Premier League and its clubs partner with a range local and national bodies and Government departments.
- Government departments include the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, the Department for Work and Pensions, and the Department for Education.
- Other major organisations we partner with are The Football Pools, the volunteering charity v, the Metropolitan Police, Sport Relief, the Prince’s Trust, the Youth Sport Trust, Sport England, the British Council, the Down’s Syndrome Association and the National Literacy Trust.
The Premier League also supports the football family, providing over £30m funding to the Football Foundation, the Football League, the Football Conference and the Professional Footballers' Association.